• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crate vs. Farinelli: The Official Jeans Thread

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pekklemon
number 36

Hips say girl, feet say man. so which are you?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chip
^^the rogue warp knot.

I should've sized down 1. Anyone looking to trade your size 29 for my sz30?
By the way, I'm #2.

so what can i do about said knot? it's growing.

DrPat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
I'm wearing mine for the first time today and man the denim is fiine. I still have the holes, but I'm taking the Whodini and not (*EDIT*) JSTF approach for now and saying....f*** it. I don't do half the crazy shiz that some of you guys do trying to beat the jeans up so more reason for me to forget that for now.

I thought about ignoring the holes as well but Mauro informed me that they will grow over time. I'll try to visit a tailor this weekend so see about repairs. Anyone know what "bar tack" is in French?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrPat
I thought about ignoring the holes as well but Mauro informed me that they will grow over time. I'll try to visit a tailor this weekend so see about repairs. Anyone know what "bar tack" is in French?

even if they don't expand too quickly, they're gonna fray out and afro-puff if left alone. i pricked my nudies on a small finish nail and could barely see the hole but a little blue puff formed quickly on the leg (especially after a wash) and the hole's starting to grow.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
even if they don't expand too quickly, they're gonna fray out and afro-puff if left alone. i pricked my nudies on a small finish nail and could barely see the hole but a little blue puff formed quickly on the leg (especially after a wash) and the hole's starting to grow.

F**, now the grundleholes mutate into larger beings? Damn you grundle curse! I'll take them to a tailor and get them fixed up then. Those who worked on these should be caned or treated like a pinata.

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the fix looks pretty good. i don't think it will be at all noticable. fingers crossed.

JSTF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
. i sent them back to farinellis the next day after i received them on the 26th and as of this week, they still havent even been sent to Chad yet....

this is another reason why i'm thinking twice on sending my jeans back - the wait. also will it be possible for chad to fix the stitching on the denim? is he going to take it apart and stitch it back together? how long will that take?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSTF
this is another reason why i'm thinking twice on sending my jeans back - the wait. also will it be possible for chad to fix the stitching on the denim? is he going to take it apart and stitch it back together? how long will that take?

Yeah depending on how they decide to fix stitching it could be long. There hasn't been much talk about stiching... It's all about repairing grundle holes.

I guess they could just stitch on top of faulty stitching on affected areas ... Not sure what best course of option is

bobby2times

Reaction score
So whats the estimated turnaround time if you sent your jeans to farinellis before they told everyone to send their jeans straight to chad? If its going to take like a month Id rather get a full refund.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads