• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy boots

Bamaboots

Reaction score
Jesse Bogle in smooth ostrich.
2ABC6CB4-E72B-4AB4-96AC-B712AE63880D.jpeg

clothingfun

Reaction score
Howdy again all. I’m still out with “The Boss” traveling a bunch. While in Mexico visiting her family I had absolutely, positively, no need to do this…but I did it anyway! Picked up another pair of my favorite brand in black cherry at a neighborhood tianguis. I really dig the new shaft styles. Figured I would follow the @gnatty8 model and do a full unboxing! Everyone have a great day.

1C031914-9524-41EB-8980-8972E27E8608.jpeg

A6E2DE81-C02F-4BD3-BA66-CE7BC6F88504.jpeg

5D549FCF-E3E9-4A40-A472-670739D6A806.jpeg

45B5E6A9-FEB2-4476-9C16-265C953704E1.jpeg

22EDC970-5DE9-493E-B682-532D5A164A24.jpeg

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Howdy again all. I’m still out with “The Boss” traveling a bunch. While in Mexico visiting her family I had absolutely, positively, no need to do this…but I did it anyway! Picked up another pair of my favorite brand in black cherry at a neighborhood tianguis. I really dig the new shaft styles. Figured I would follow the @gnatty8 model and do a full unboxing! Everyone have a great day.

View attachment 1848930

View attachment 1848931

View attachment 1848932
View attachment 1848939
View attachment 1848940

Haha, not sure I started that one, but wear those in good health my friend. There's never a bad time to buy a new pair of boots..

cale.robertson

Reaction score
Square toes are the name of the game in my neck of the woods. However, I’m not a huge fan of the super wide, double stitch welt that is popular these days. Been looking for a nice pair of subtle square toes and I finally found them - Chisos #2 I received today:
36DB200A-7EC1-474C-846D-97B98DF35BA9.jpeg

Made of retired dairy cow leather and include a leather lined removable insole. First impression has me blown away, but we’ll see how they fare over time.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Square toes are the name of the game in my neck of the woods. However, I’m not a huge fan of the super wide, double stitch welt that is popular these days. Been looking for a nice pair of subtle square toes and I finally found them - Chisos #2 I received today: View attachment 1849551
Made of retired dairy cow leather and include a leather lined removable insole. First impression has me blown away, but we’ll see how they fare over time.

yeah, those aren’t bad at all, I love the color and you’re right, that subtle toe is nothing like the really awful Frankenstein boots I see in 90% of the Cavenders and Boot Barns here in Texas

Rusty1960

Reaction score
Square toes are the name of the game in my neck of the woods. However, I’m not a huge fan of the super wide, double stitch welt that is popular these days. Been looking for a nice pair of subtle square toes and I finally found them - Chisos #2 I received today: View attachment 1849551
I love my pair and they are holding up well. Rose Anvil did a nice review of them on YouTube recently. Well made boot at a great price point.

kbuzz

Reaction score
Hello
I have been eyeing Littles for a custom boot order as I will be in austin a number of times this year and SA is not that far

please update us with some detail on your experience. I am most concerned with fit so anything on that front would be appreciated

thanks and love the boots
Nice choice

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello
I have been eyeing Littles for a custom boot order as I will be in austin a number of times this year and SA is not that far

please update us with some detail on your experience. I am most concerned with fit so anything on that front would be appreciated

thanks and love the boots
Nice choice
I bought a pair from Little last year. Really pleasant experience. I went in, got measured, then they had me try on a couple of pairs of stock boots for reference. After, I picked out a pattern for the tops and Sharon (owner and third or maybe fourth generation Little) and I went over all the details. I think it took about 60-90 minutes total. A couple of months later, they sent me an email to let me know the boots were ready. I went in, tried them on to confirm the fit, we talked for a bit, and then I was out the door. Standard pay half up front, half at delivery. Prices are in line with other custom shops.

The boots in question are this pair. I know they're not to everyone's preference, but I'm very happy with them.

Definitely would recommend. Any specific questions?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads