• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy boots

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some great boots last few pages.

Here's a pair of mine. Smooth ostrich made by Honcho for Carters in Montana.

1618865329038.png

kbuzz

Reaction score
Those Hondos look great. As stated above if i could pull off the snip toe id be all over something like that....i want to try a Hondo..debating the 2645 rough out....it has a square toe, but nothing like the super wide types prevalent now.

Still may be a bit too wide for me anyway...

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@kbuzz I’ve seen some nice looking Hondos around online for sure.

Try a pair of snip toes! I wasn’t sure about them myself at first, but I don’t think they are too hard to wear.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does anyone have good fit pics of black cowboy boots being worn? Meaning, a photo of the full outfit?

Do black cowboy boots only go with black or grey pants? Or can they be worn in other contexts?

emptym

Reaction score
Blue jeans, of course. And I've seen them worn w/ blue suits.

WestLinn

Reaction score
Does anyone have good fit pics of black cowboy boots being worn? Meaning, a photo of the full outfit?

Do black cowboy boots only go with black or grey pants? Or can they be worn in other contexts?
I have a pair of black Justin ropers that I wear with blue dress slacks or grey, just as I would wear black dress shoes. I also wear them with jeans. I grew up wearing cowboy boots nearly every day to school. I hardly wore anything else in high school in fact. I took some pics a while back of the black ropers along with the old pairs I wore in HS. They are all Justins. Mind you the grey and the tan pair are 40 years old. I don't wear them much if at all now and I wasn't great at boot care as a kid in HS. The noble beast in the pics is my faithful companion, a rescue hound who is purebred mutt. IMG_3354.jpg IMG_3352.jpg IMG_3345.jpg IMG_3340.jpg IMG_3336.jpg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've noticed that black cowboy boots often work better when there's another black item in the outfit. So either black jeans (obviously) or a black top, such as a jacket.

For example, I think these work well.

144229330_538537050447070_7075502934205847136_n.jpg
grace.png

Whereas I think the guys on the right of this photo look better with brown boots? Do people agree with that?

185378648_171299108225183_1505893509166354482_n.jpg

Another example: I think Mitt's outfit here would look better with brown boots

Ex2vB3nVoAAtc62.jpeg

Is this a good rule of thumb? "You should have another black item in the outfit, either black pants or a black jacket?"

Last edited:

clothingfun

Reaction score

Hello there sir and I hope you are well. Cowboy boots are all I've ever worn due to how I was raised. I have found (just personal opinion) that my black pairs go best with jeans and/or grey worsted wool dress britches (I don't own a full suit in grey.) For some reason I think that's where they shine. I use my other boot colors for everything else.

My take with this clothing thing is wear what you like and makes you happy. If you think black cowboy boots look good with something, anything, then go for it!

I poked around and really don't have any photos. Only thing I remember is a photo I posted in the WAYWT casual thread a few months ago. Perhaps you may find it somewhat helpful. I also posted a photo of these black ostrich boots in this thread someplace if you look around. Anyways, hope this is a little helpful. Thanks for reading.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics