• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Magician Shaun

Reaction score
I really don't care what your opinion of the look or design of the shoe is. I am specifically asking about the quality of the construction.

So are you saying that the quality of this shoe is bad? Your saying that there are better shoes available for $60?

Magician Shaun

Reaction score
Nah, I just left there a few weeks ago. They don't even have shoes.

So please great Nefarious one, educate me as to what is wrong with pair of shoes. Explain it so a heterosexual can understand it, OK?

Last edited:

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nah, I just left there a few weeks ago. They don't even have shoes.

So please great Nefarious one, educate me as to what is wrong with pair of shoes. Explain it so a heterosexual can understand it, OK?

Oh boy...here we go...

:lurk:

Last edited:

Magician Shaun

Reaction score
I realize perhaps that statement was out of line and I apologize.

I did note however that the Nefarious dude only posts negative comments on every thread he posts on and never posts anything helpful at all. If you don't believe me just take a look at his posts for the last 30 days or so.

AMProf

Reaction score
They are aesthetically displeasing; an odd and incongruous mix of styles, none of which are particularly good and they most definitely don't go together. To wit: they are ugly.

Magician Shaun

Reaction score
Once again, I am not asking for opinions regarding the shoe design.

The thread is titled: Cole Haan quality or no? not Cole Haan stylish or no?

I do appreciate the style advice though. It just isn't my purpose for posting this.

I am specifically asking about the quality of the construction of the shoe.

Last edited:

Magician Shaun

Reaction score
They are aesthetically displeasing; an odd and incongruous mix of styles, none of which are particularly good and they most definitely don't go together. To wit: they are ugly.
So does that apply to this shoe as well?

If not please explain the very minimal difference.

NefariousSabatour

Reaction score
Who cares how well it's made when it looks like ****.

You got hosed, no one cares if it's well made or not because it's awful looking.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You are useless. 

the guy's got a point. If they are italian CH, they are probably fairly decent. The reason you got them for $60 because no one else wanted them...and thats cause they are ugly.

There is no elegance to that squared off last, then you got the austerity wingtip, then the tassle, different leather grains, etc.

They are a mess.

Put them on ebay and hope you get $50 for them.

AMProf

Reaction score

You are useless. 

You are not getting the answers you seek because (1) its darn hard to judge quality from a picture of an old shoe; Cole Hahn might have had some decent quality in the past but they're all over the board now, and (2) the ugliness of the shoe makes a discussion of its quality moot.

Magician Shaun

Reaction score
Whether the shoe is ugly is or not is an opinion. If the shoe is well constructed and made of quality materials is not an opinion.

I see no one has commented on the AE shoe pic I posted above...

Also, I have looked at NefariousSabatour's last 15 or so posts outside of this thread and they were actually all useless, thus my statement that he is useless.

Last edited:

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whether the shoe is ugly is or not is an opinion. If the shoe is well constructed and made of quality materials is not an opinion. 

I see no one has commented on the AE shoe pic I posted above...

Also, I have looked at NefariousSabatour's last 15 or so posts outside of this thread and they were actually all useless, thus my statement that he is useless. 

actually quality of construction and materials is also an opinion.

The AE shoe isn't much better, but the lack of the austerity wingtip helps. I don't see anyone singing the praises of that shoe either. Just so we're clear, the shoe is not ugly because its CH, its ugly cause its ugly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads