• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

dunelly

Reaction score
saw two of these shirts in large if anyone wants

51adca3b3d241cbf7e755087de8c4e4d_best.jpg

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a local PSA for the Club Monaco flagship store on 5th avenue and 21st street in NY.

They have Barbour International jackets in Black for $299. Not sure if the additional 30% off they are doing applies to it. Pretty full size run. As of yesterday when I visited they had 34, 36, 38, 40, 42, 44.

They also had a Navy Bedale in 42 for $379.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a new Grant suit, they fit me well off the rack and wore it the first time yesterday and was given lots of compliments.

lofigeek

Reaction score
How does Grant compare to the Wright fit? I love the Wright fit trousers, but I feel like that jackets are a little too slim for me.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How does Grant compare to the Wright fit? I love the Wright fit trousers, but I feel like that jackets are a little too slim for me.

My impression...

They are both pretty slim with the jacket of the Grant slightly longer and just a smidgen less slim.

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've had my eye on it and got some questions. How dark is the blue exactly? How warm is it? Can you post fit pics?

The filling is a synthetic, not down, so it's not as warm as it could be, but it's good enough for San Francisco at night, and with a sweater, it's pretty good. For Northern California, I would say it's almost perfect. If you are on the East coast, you will need a coat over it.

It's more black than blue - in full light, it has just a slight hint of blue, but it's really black for all intents and purposes.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought some Chino's from the eaton's location... The Kennedy fit.

It's on sale from $69.50 to $49.

Got a pair in blue. Lots of sizes remain

Heads up :)

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I've been meaning to pick up the Davis fit, and remember buying a pair at $49. Out of curiosity, how is the Kennedy fit compared to the Davis fit?

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the heads up. I've been meaning to pick up the Davis fit, and remember buying a pair at $49. Out of curiosity, how is the Kennedy fit compared to the Davis fit?

I tried the Davis first and to me it was too tapered and too short. I"m usually a 32 inch inseam but i felt it wasn't long enough, some on SF might like a tad shorter but I like my pants fitting on top of the shoe heel.

The davis is certainly slimmer in the leg as it's a slim fit and the Kennedy is a straight fit. I felt more comfortable in the Kennedy so I went with that.

It should shrink a tad in the wash though. I'll post pics in a few weeks after my cruise. Love the quality of both.

Edit, the Dockers Alpha Khakis are great, not too slim and not loose at all. Try those on for size

Last edited:

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, as I mentioned in my previous post, I already own a pair of the Davis fit. Was just hoping to get a pair in a darker color. I find the pants are long enough on me, and I don't mind that they taper a bit. Actually, I thought maybe the Kennedy fit would be slimmer.

As for those Dockers, I think I actually tried on a pair the other day, but found they weren't all that comfortable. It felt like there was not enough room in the crotch, or that they hung too low. And unlike Club Monaco, the pants didn't come in an in between size, so sizing up they felt too big. And I'm not sure those pants can be tailored, either. A few months ago I was in need of some pants, and bought a pair from the Gap to wear to a baptism the next day. They didn't have my size, so I sized down. They were adequate for the day, but later I found they were too tight. Unfortunately, they are the type of pants that can't be tailored at all, as there was no letting out in the waist. Probably would fit well had I been able to find a larger size.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just wore them for a little bit and it feels good. You're right the Alpha's are sorta low rise ish? But for the price it was good. Either way, You can't go wrong with the Davis or Kennedy. Again, I went with was more comfortable for me.

Next up I'll be getting some sweaters. I wish I knew someone who worked there

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads