• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just cleaned the beer stains up from my grey leathers this morning. I used oxyclean and some water, wiped it down wet and then wiped it dry. It looked darker until it dried but all the staining and stickiness is gone. Obviously the water will dry the leather so I would recommend using a leather protectant after cleaning.

Edit: Using just water didn't seem to remove the stains, so I added oxyclean and it worked fine.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HOT Sriracha
Anyone know the best solution to clean a pair of beeswax boots with beer/alcohol stains, without damaging the leather and color?

I like the distressed look, however, the stains are quite sticky.

I've used a little soap and hot water and a brush. They're pretty tough boots. They can hold up to a good cleaning.

Mexicorn

Reaction score
I just found a pair of J. Shoes mojaves (see here) in my size for $20 at an AE outfitters of all places. Shipment mishap perhaps? Anyway, the pebble grain leather is buttery smooth and the construction looks pretty good for a $100-150 shoe so this was a steal. Has anyone heard much of this brand? Doing a search only brought back a post on this thread from a couple of years ago.

phaseshift

Reaction score
okay i promise....just the Grey Saddle DBs and another pair of jeans thats it for like until my bday in 2 months

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chinoguy
Are Clarks the best when it comes to desert boots? I found something similar to desert boots but much narrower. Are the shoes attached desert boots or regular suede ankle boots? I find them more elegant than Clarks desert boots.

Tod's+Ankle+Boot.jpg

i think those are considered chukkas. i like that look and honestly id rather have the "skinnier" boot than the db's. but you pay at least 2x or 3x more.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dieselman89
I purchased a pair of Clarks DB a while ago before these style boots went mainstream (as they have had a huge success since I would say late-Aug early-Sept.) and I wish I purchased a 2nd pair. I bought the brown leather ones and they are a solid shoes. They are not unbelievable but so far have been worth the $65 I spent. There are similar boots on the market which can cost as much as $350.

You ask me how, (now I take a deep breath as I reveal my secret mwahahahaha) if you go to Banana Republic, yes Banana Republic they sell Clarks DB. You can find coupons to there all the time. I was able to use my 15% student discount along with a $25 off coupon. So they roughly $65.

I will give you a heads up, it has been really difficult finding these shoes at Banana bc of their recent popularity.

yeah i got a pair of banana republic clarks for $16 including tax last year.

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
thanks for all the cleaning solutions!

I went ahead and cleaned it with a smooth cotton towel and hot water and it seems like it worked pretty well.

darkintragedy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by obeserabbit
anyone else having problems ordering on davidz? they won't take my credit card info...

I had trouble last night, and no matter what I did (2 different browsers, triple checked the details) it wouldn't accept my Discover card, so as a last ditch attempt I tried my Amex and it surprisingly took it. My gray leather DBs should be here on Monday
smile.gif

Speaking of which, since these will be my first leather shoes, should I be doing anything special to it to make sure it retains its color and shape? Not sure what's the recommended maintenance for these. Thanks!

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not really, they'll crease like crazy. just deal with it.

obeserabbit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by darkintragedy
I had trouble last night, and no matter what I did (2 different browsers, triple checked the details) it wouldn't accept my Discover card, so as a last ditch attempt I tried my Amex and it surprisingly took it. My gray leather DBs should be here on Monday
smile.gif

Speaking of which, since these will be my first leather shoes, should I be doing anything special to it to make sure it retains its color and shape? Not sure what's the recommended maintenance for these. Thanks!

same here, i called and asked about it and they said they dont take discover
eh.gif
..so i used my visa card and everything went fine

not sure why they have a discover card option on the site if they don't accept it

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by darkintragedy
smile.gif

find a good water resistant \\ leather protectant spray. I just used Kiwi All Protectant on my stone suedes and held up well in the rain.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a chocolate pair of these Stacy Adams chukkas for $29 at Macy's. They are sleeker then DBs.

stacyadams.jpg

Originally Posted by chinoguy
Are Clarks the best when it comes to desert boots? I found something similar to desert boots but much narrower. Are the shoes attached desert boots or regular suede ankle boots? I find them more elegant than Clarks desert boots.

Tod's+Ankle+Boot.jpg

phaseshift

Reaction score
i got some stains on my sand suede DBs where jeans meet the boots, I believe its indigo from all the jeans ive tried on. Anyone know how to get this off?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads