• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Church's Appreciation Thread

Chowkin

Reaction score

Is  fit the same after so many resoles in a cobbler (good one I supose)?. Thanks

Same. But the cobbler just stitched over the old welt without using the old holes so not that nice. But at 1/4 the price of a factory resole what can I say
1f62d.png

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same. But the cobbler just stitched over the old welt without using the old holes so not that nice. But at 1/4 the price of a factory resole what can I say
Well that is the normal thing to do unless you change the welt and sticth it to the canvas strip again in the factory. Hope you do not loose the outsole one day, lol.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Self-serving PSA. I have a nearly new pair of burgundy Chetwynd 9.5 C that need a new home. A really great deal for a Style forum member. Now, back to your regular programming.

Last edited:

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zapasman

Are those Grafton? Which last? Look great, I found the 173 the most suitable for my feet, maybe the 100 is more comfortable but looks too bulky.

Best

JM

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zapasman

Are those Grafton? Which last? Look great, I found the 173 the most suitable for my feet, maybe the 100 is more comfortable but looks too bulky.

Best

JM
Yes, 100 last. I have tried on 173 last and is sleeker by far. Gunboat shoes, which I like.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are my Grafton in Walnut Calf bought from Herrings in 173 last.

Fantastic shoes, they make an statement wherever you go, and in case of emergency you can break your opponent's shinbones with a kick. I also own a pair in crup (cordovan for brits) in burgundy; both in leather sole. Church's also makes them in Dainite and in polish binder, a material that I don't like but is useful in rainy places as some members highlighted.

Mr. Hugo Jacomet from The Parisian Gentleman blog has very warm words for this shoe.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[/IMG]

Churchs Book Binder leather wont crack as some shoe aficionados may suggest.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here my Church´s Consul in brown suede in the 173 last in F, brushed after every use. Solid shoe, handsome shape, the 173 last is very comfortable for my feet without being bulky. Purchased from Herrings, excellent service.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads