• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Champions League '08 - '09

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Of all the nights to play their worse football ever....

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good for Barcelona. They played wonderfully tonight. It looks like the Argentine national team out there with that passing.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man U were tired and beat half an hour in. WTF?!

marin

Reaction score
Congrats to Barca. I thought the game would be much closer. Man U hasn't played too much from a deficit this year and they couldn't recover.

Virginia Dandy

Reaction score
After weathering the storm in the first 5 minutes, Barca did exactly what they needed to do - keep possession and stay balanced while conceding no space for Crissy to run at them. United had very few opportunities to exploit Barca's makeshift defense.

Reminded me of 1994 when AC Milan had Baresi and Costacurta suspended for the final and a makeshift defense. Came out, played a very tidy and tactically perfect match to crush the much-fancied Barca with Romario and Stoichkov.

Was Crissy on the field in the 2nd half? Was hard to tell.

water

Reaction score
Barca absolutely dominated ManUre. Not even close.

After Chelsea I was really annoyed as I felt the referee was the only reason Barca was in the final. But good god they owned ManUre and I was loving it. Every time Red Nose loses it is proof that God loves the world.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Interesting to see all the Bitters and ABUs come out now
smile.gif
Best team won on the night, no complaints about that.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Virginia Dandy
Was Crissy on the field in the 2nd half? Was hard to tell.

crissy the sissy. he made a red attack, but no avail. he sucks...

Modernist

Reaction score
I loved it. Barca. Mes que un club!

I especially loved the fact that during the second half Puyol was pushing forward from the right and Christiano Ronaldo had to make some dirty fouls to stop him. Priceless
smile.gif

And it is right and proper that that diving crybaby lost again.

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
Congrats to Barca!

Disappointed in United. They didn't force their game. Looked confused at times.
I can't say it was a good game.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was rooting for Barcelona, thought they were the better team, and was excited to see them win . . . BUT . . . .

Man, they are shameless floppers. If you go down like your leg needs to be immediately amputated, you should sit out the next ten minutes or something - after all, safety first.

Every time I watch, I am reminded why I am a bemused football observer and not a fan. The NBA took steps (somewhat unsuccessful, but still) to eliminate shameless flopping, why can't they do it in the Champ. Cup?

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
I was rooting for Barcelona, thought they were the better team, and was excited to see them win . . . BUT . . . .

Man, they are shameless floppers. If you go down like your leg needs to be immediately amputated, you should sit out the next ten minutes or something - after all, safety first.

Every time I watch, I am reminded why I am a bemused football observer and not a fan. The NBA took steps (somewhat unsuccessful, but still) to eliminate shameless flopping, why can't they do it in the Champ. Cup?

Dani Alves = shamless flopper. The rest of Barcelona not really. Henry sometimes. Iniesta goes down quite a bit, but he doesn't flop. It's more because players like him and Messi tend to draw a lot of fouls. But if you're insinuating that Puyol was flopping, that's absurd. And Busquets almost got his leg amputated by yet another horrendous, shameful Scholes "tackle."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics