• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Opening a can of worms with this one, but @kevinsvindland, would you say the texture of the Micro-Structure suit (the one-pleat variety) is enough to allow the jacket to be worn separately? The trousers are too small for me and while I am am considering an overhaul on them, they're not likely to be wearable until I lose some weight. I'm considering keeping the pair and just wearing the jacket for the foreseeable.

Last edited:

St1X

Reaction score
Opening a can of worms with this one, but @kevinsvindland, would you say the texture of the Micro-Structure suit (the one-pleat variety) is enough to allow the jacket to be worn separately? The trousers are too small for me and while I am am considering an overhaul on them, they're not likely to be wearable until I lose some weight. I'm considering keeping the pair and just wearing the jacket for the foreseeable.
There's plenty of fabric reserves in the trousers to let them out and make them one size bigger

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's plenty of fabric reserves in the trousers to let them out and make them one size bigger

I would need more than is available, unfortunately.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Not really, it is very much a suit fabric.

User888

Reaction score
Hi guys, could use some experienced eyes on this and since it's from his brand I'll post it here. This is my first piece from the brand and I'm not too sure about the size and fit. This is a size 50/40uk with spallia camicia shoulders and I'm not sure how or why the left divot is happening, perhaps there's a bit more structure than I anticipated or the shoulders are extended which makes me wonder if I got the right size. The length seems to be on the longer end and hip could be surprised a nudge. It's a bit more lose fitting than my jackets from other brands like S&M or SS in the same size.
Should I go a size down? Is the fit of the brand or this jacket not right for me? Or how do you see it (for ref I'm 1.80 and around 84kg).
Thanks in advance and don't mind the messy cables!
IMG_20231123_163238_463.jpg
IMG_20231123_163241_011.jpg
IMG_20231123_163242_734.jpg
IMG_20231123_163244_263.jpg
IMG_20231123_163245_975.jpg

AFrenchGuy

Reaction score
Hi guys, could use some experienced eyes on this and since it's from his brand I'll post it here. This is my first piece from the brand and I'm not too sure about the size and fit. This is a size 50/40uk with spallia camicia shoulders and I'm not sure how or why the left divot is happening, perhaps there's a bit more structure than I anticipated or the shoulders are extended which makes me wonder if I got the right size. The length seems to be on the longer end and hip could be surprised a nudge. It's a bit more lose fitting than my jackets from other brands like S&M or SS in the same size.
Should I go a size down? Is the fit of the brand or this jacket not right for me? Or how do you see it (for ref I'm 1.80 and around 84kg).
Thanks in advance and don't mind the messy cables! View attachment 2075359 View attachment 2075361 View attachment 2075363 View attachment 2075365 View attachment 2075367
Hi there!
I'm lucky enough to have quite a bit of experience with Cavour jackets as well as MTM and bespoke so I should be able to offer an opinion. In my opinion, the jacket looks good on you. We can see that the left shoulder is a bit tight, but that's what happens with RTW jackets... As for the rest, I think it's more than fine. As for going up to a size 52, maybe it's worth a try, but the jacket will be bigger overall, so you'll be fine with the shoulders but not so good with the overall length (if you don't like long jackets), sleeve length, etc. Only my humble opinion :)

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @kevinsvindland , are there any plans to add shirts with french cuffs (e.g. plain white twill)?

Not really,no.

One of those things that when we stock them, nobody buys. Whenever we dont, 6-7 people ask wether we would ever consider stocking..

So we are pretty happy passing that piece of business to somebody else.
(For the time being anyway..)

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks in advance and don't mind the messy cables! View attachment 2075359 View attachment 2075361 View attachment 2075363 View attachment 2075365 View attachment 2075367

Size looks right.

However, you have sloping shoulders, and a slightly uneven slope too.
(Broken collarbone at some point? Or maybe Tennis?)
So no RTW will never look bespoke.
The slope is likely what causes the slight dimple at the shoulder.

But that aside, I think it looks good.
You dont want it to be tighter than this.

And that fabric is fantastic!

User888

Reaction score
Many years of rugby...

Yes, it's a recurring issue ofc although less noticeable on those with minimal padding. Even on mtm jackets you can still notice it so I'm not expecting it to be perfect, it's RTW after all. Just that some brands would hide this better than others.
So size is right, would you bring it in slightly at the hip and/or clean the back?

St1X

Reaction score
Many years of rugby...

Yes, it's a recurring issue ofc although less noticeable on those with minimal padding. Even on mtm jackets you can still notice it so I'm not expecting it to be perfect, it's RTW after all. Just that some brands would hide this better than others.
So size is right, would you bring it in slightly at the hip and/or clean the back?
You should nip it a bit on the waist. Also, you might actually benefit from adding a bit of padding to hide that shoulder slope. Other than that, the jacket looks good on you

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads