• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

Imperatores

Reaction score
On the topic of overcoat sizing, I want to compliment the job you've done on scaling the Mod 2 coats to fit over your jackets, @kevinsvindland. Probably the best I've come across from any brand. They work perfectly over a jacket for me, while remaining fitted enough to look just as good over casual layers. That's partly why I'd love to see you introduce more styles, like a polo coat.

Lol I just bought small 🤣 I’ll take my chances, I guess. I like a snug fit and I’m an XS in most SuitSupply and Uniqlo sweaters!

I think small is the right call. I believe we wear the same size jackets and have very similar proportions overall, and medium was definitely too large for me. This was in different sweater styles though, so I don't know if the half zip fits differently.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK so I really, and I mean REALLY REALLY did not need another jacket. While browsing some stuff to help a friend make a purchase (I believe he snagged one of the gray flannel suits), I saw that some summer jackets were on 70% sale. With an additional 15% and a gift card... I feel like I just robbed you @kevinsvindland but that gunclub jacket was heading out to someone, might as well be me.

Last edited:

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK so I really, and I mean REALLY REALLY did not need another jacket. While browsing some stuff to help a friend make a purchase (I believe he snagged one of the gray flannel suits), I saw that some summer jackets were on 70% sale. With and additional 15% and a gift card... I feel like I just robbed you @kevinsvindland but that gunclub jacket was heading out to someone, might as well be me.
Was it the brown and blue Loro Piana? That’s gorgeous! No regrets getting it.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the topic of overcoat sizing, I want to compliment the job you've done on scaling the Mod 2 coats to fit over your jackets, @kevinsvindland. Probably the best I've come across from any brand. They work perfectly over a jacket for me, while remaining fitted enough to look just as good over casual layers. That's partly why I'd love to see you introduce more styles, like a polo coat.

I think small is the right call. I believe we wear the same size jackets and have very similar proportions overall, and medium was definitely too large for me. This was in different sweater styles though, so I don't know if the half zip fits differently.
Agreed. I once bought a cashmere v neck in S and already, it was baggy as heck. By the size guide, this should fit perfectly.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was it the brown and blue Loro Piana? That’s gorgeous! No regrets getting it.
It was indeed! I wanted to buy the yellow one, but you kinda need to be 60+ earn five millions euros a year, have a 20 year younger girlfriend and a 30 year younger mistress. You also need to have friends in high places and stage two skin cancer due to you chilling on your yacht nine months a year.

St1X

Reaction score
It was indeed! I wanted to buy the yellow one, but you kinda need to be 60+ earn five millions euros a year, have a 20 year younger girlfriend and a 30 year younger mistress. You also need to have friends in high places and stage two skin cancer due to you chilling on your yacht nine months a year.
Don't own any of that, but I got a yellow one anyway 😎

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No worries… the gun club is a fantastic jacket.
EAF4FB6C-7F80-41EC-9030-D6DA883EB80B.jpeg

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had my eyes on the black tassel loafers in size 9, but it's sold out :angry:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 101 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads