• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland Seems like the 30% early BF sale has everyone asking questions so i guess i'll chime in as well.

The CavourDB overcoat, would you recommend to size up or stick with mod2 size? Last year i had purchased the raglan coat in my mod2 size and found it too small, sizing up was almost perfect.

More of a general question to everyone to those that can wear the full suit from Cavour, what's your body type? lol. Weird question writing it out. I'm pretty regular sized, but can't for the life of my fit into the trousers that come with the suit without some pretty intensive alterations to the waist, seat and thighs. Almost butchering the trousers. I wear a 48 mod2 blazer and 50 in trousers and that's a great fit for me. Shame that i can't fit into the 48 trousers.
I’m the same: 48 jacket, 50 trousers. I think the 48 trousers best fit those with tiny waists lol 😂

jsong812

Reaction score
Thoughts on wearing the brown houndstooth suit as separates? I think the jacket would pair well with most solid colored trousers but im more worried about the suit pants.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
173cm/86kg with a pretty muscular build. I got big thighs and a prominent butt. I have two suits in size 50. One of them, made in a s150 wool, is a bit too delicate to wear since the inner leg of the trousers rub against each other. The other suit in 50 is made from a high twist wool, and it works alright.

I have two separate trousers in heavy cotton in size 52. Both trouser sizes work, bit I sized up in the trousers mainly because my big butt. However both sizes have been altered a lot. Maxing out the width and crotch to make them fit like trousers and not like yoga pants. I could take in the waist of the 52:s ever so slightly, but the side adjusters does that for me.
I wouldn’t mind a more spacious trouser for an upcoming model 3 if that’s ever in the pipeline.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland
How's sizing and fit on the Cavour penny loafer suede rubber sole compared to the field boot?
And another question: how's the actual colour of the lighter brown car coat? More comparable to the product images or more like the Weinas photoshoot?
Thanks!

People tend to get teh same as their usual UK size in both.

As for the jacket, ours are studio pictures, Milads are high contrast filtered.

So I would say somewhere in between, and also depending on the light, due to the lusterous cashmere surface.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Was there any chatter at some point about introducing higher rise/wider leg trousers? As tempted as I am by some of the suits, there's no way I can pull the trousers off.

Trousers inbound for Spring/Summer, suits inbound for Fall/Winter 2023

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What's the sizing advice for the handwelted shoes from Cavour? They are made in China and I remember reading somewhere that Chinese manufacturers tend to make slimmer shoes, so it's advised to size up half a size for a comfortable fit

I wear the same size as I do in EG, C&J, StC.
Breaking them in they felt alot like my EG Chelsea 82, but with a slightly slimmer waist and more arch support.

The lasts are made for western markets, so internet hearsay about chinese manufacturing does not apply.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland Seems like the 30% early BF sale has everyone asking questions so i guess i'll chime in as well.

The CavourDB overcoat, would you recommend to size up or stick with mod2 size? Last year i had purchased the raglan coat in my mod2 size and found it too small, sizing up was almost perfect.

More of a general question to everyone to those that can wear the full suit from Cavour, what's your body type? lol. Weird question writing it out. I'm pretty regular sized, but can't for the life of my fit into the trousers that come with the suit without some pretty intensive alterations to the waist, seat and thighs. Almost butchering the trousers. I wear a 48 mod2 blazer and 50 in trousers and that's a great fit for me. Shame that i can't fit into the 48 trousers.

I would go (and I did) with the same as in a Model 2 Jacket.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thoughts on wearing the brown houndstooth suit as separates? I think the jacket would pair well with most solid colored trousers but im more worried about the suit pants.

It is a worsted suiting fabric, the menswear gods will strike down upon you with great vengeance and furious anger if you split it.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Skjermbilde 2022-11-15 kl. 12.03.32.png

Black Week discount code for 30% off a lot of good stuff:

Styleforum30

Let it rip!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads