• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLEFORUM MEETUP - Styleforum and Epaulet at Alfargo's Market NYC (9/27 and 9/28)

This Friday and Saturday night, please join Styleforum and Epaulet at the esteemed Alfargo's Marketplace. It will take place at the Neue House on 25th Street and Park Ave. Everyone is welcome. Check out our Alpaca Project and have beverage on us.

Details can be found here

Fok and the Styleforum Team and Epaulet.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cashmere Sweater Hierarchy

Xyol

Reaction score
I found this one which is apparently made by Locke and is a small size, what do you think? It's a wool/cashmere blend unfortunately.

Are there any other sellers in the UK which sell good quailty cashmere zips for chest size 38" for around £300?
That XS is only marginally smaller than a Lockie 40, so you might as well go with the latter.

If it does not have to be a UK maker, you can try https://lucafaloni.com/en/gb/shop/forest-green-cashmere-zip-up. Their XS could be close to what you want and they also have a model with cables if you like that. Also no customs/vat for UK delivery.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To me zippers are more casual since they are more similar to technical clothing (outdoor or sports outerwear). I have none since I think they look off with sport coats, but if I don't wear jackets at work, I wouldn't be against having some full/half zip knitwear in merino or cashmere.

I don't own anything sold under JoE's own label, but I have a submariner rollneck from PWVC allegedly made by JoE. I don't think I'd pay nearly twice WL's price for similar material/weight/style garments assuming you have no strong preference in design/fit/color.

A zipper is certainly more casual and, as I dress more formally, usually wearing a sport coat, it's a reason I haven't any. The main reason though is that the style doesn't appeal to me, so much better to have some traditional buttons instead.

I also have some pieces of the submariner sweater from Private White, a lovely and substantial knit.

GodAtum

Reaction score
That XS is only marginally smaller than a Lockie 40, so you might as well go with the latter.

If it does not have to be a UK maker, you can try https://lucafaloni.com/en/gb/shop/forest-green-cashmere-zip-up. Their XS could be close to what you want and they also have a model with cables if you like that. Also no customs/vat for UK delivery.

Thanks that look good. I also found this one (https://www.hnwhite.co.uk/products/navy-bluecashmere-knitted-polo). The spinners are Todd & Duncan.

fabricateurialist

Reaction score
Nothing in clothing is heirloom, especially cashmere if it's worn often. I've had more robust wools last me no more then a year and the replacement piece 3-4years, it's a roll of a dice.
Idk man, I have cashmere sweaters that get heavily worn every season that are now 15 years old

msimon

Reaction score
Idk man, I have cashmere sweaters that get heavily worn every season that are now 15 years old
Same for me, but I never wear a knit heavily, as I have a huge rotation. I never wear the same ptece for two days.
I think this is the difference, I can wear the same piece until it smells and needs washing, that could be upto a month or a phew weeks, if it's my merino zip necks after workouts and hikes days.

I don't have the budget to have endless knits in rotation, but I am buying more now to have a rotation like you guys because of more funds are available to me now.

2 harley of scotland crews are on there way as I type this.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this is the difference, I can wear the same piece until it smells and needs washing, that could be upto a month or a phew weeks, if it's my merino zip necks after workouts and hikes days.

I don't have the budget to have endless knits in rotation, but I am buying more now to have a rotation like you guys because of more funds are available to me now.

2 harley of scotland crews are on there way as I type this.

Harley offers some gorgeous sweaters, definitely a fan.

msimon

Reaction score
Sense some cashmere shaming. Shame on you. 1 or 200, irrelevant.
Tuck your appendage and sling it.
I've got some cashmere gloves, it's OK I'm allowed here.😉

I be honest I do prefer Lambswool for its texture, cashmere can be flat and boring but I have seen some amazing pieces on here that I can only dream of.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sense some cashmere shaming. Shame on you. 1 or 200, irrelevant.
Tuck your appendage and sling it.

Not sure what do you mean, difficult to decipher your hermetic comments.

If you mean that this thread is only about cashmere, I think that often wool offers more interesting and attractive knitpieces.

So we discuss here any kind of knit, despite the thread's title.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fghgy