• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After my prior weekend of being pleasantly surprised by a great expereince in a consumer-level american car...Chevy pulled off the veil this weekend and reminded me just how bad americans can be at making cars.

The Chevy Cruze LT I had this past weekend was somehow the worst late model car driving experience I have ever had (and there are 2 trim levels below that!). Give me a hyundai or KIA any day...for $21-22k MSRP, you could do a lot better.

Steering was overly soft and lifeless with zero feedback, brakes were unresponsive until pushed hard, engine would shudder sometimes when starting from a stop, everything was uncomfortable...

There were even a few instances where, with the car in cruise control, it failed to maintain speed going up mild wisconsin hills. It would only be off by a few MPH, but still...wtf is cruise control for if it can't hold your speed?

Just a total ************* car. Sure, it is a rental and has probably been driven hard, but it can't have been more than a year or two old. Couldn't believe that it was a $21k+ car when I looked it up this morning.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

After my prior weekend of being pleasantly surprised by a great expereince in a consumer-level american car..

I play rental car roulette a lot, and this weekend I got pretty lucky.

First was a Ford Fusion. Huge trunk: after we packed for 3 adults and 2 dogs for a weekend trip, we realized we had enough room to pack a rolled up 6' x 8' rug AND it's matching carpet pad. Drove well. A bit wide, but Manhattan to Williamsburg then Williamsburg through Manhattan to Jersey City, then 4.5 hour drive upstate used up only half a tank of gas. I was happy.

Then it was a Subaru Forester. Also drove well. Not as tech-y as the Fusion, but I didn't mind. Great visibility. Would rent again. Upstate to JC, to Williamsburg through Manhattan took up about 3/4 of a tank ($24 to refill).

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Super Saiyan.  I'd expect someone with a Goku avatar to know. 

Hey man, super saiyen 4 isn't real. It's part of the fake Dragon Ball story known as Dragon Ball GT. Official Dragon Ball story line ends at Dragon Ball Z.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had a Fusion a couple of times--perfectly fine automobile.

Usually I have pretty good rental car luck... The Mustang wasn't really rental car roulette (almost every convertible rental I see is a mustang...but I suppose you run the risk of getting an Old Man Chrysler)

I am rapidly forming an opinion that Chevy just sucks...had a Malibu once and thought it was a pretty awful car too. Used to think there was little difference between the big 3, but it seems to me that Ford is currently building much better cars.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a Chevy HHR as a rental a few years back and it was terrible all around.

The dumbest ergonomics ever, e.g. placing the cup holder underneath the center arm-rests behind the shifter column.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There were even a few instances where, with the car in cruise control, it failed to maintain speed going up mild wisconsin hills. It would only be off by a few MPH, but still...wtf is cruise control for if it can't hold your speed?
They may be mild, but they are everywhere. Glaciers bro.

I still despise gm for taking a bailout and now acting like they are hot stuff.

No pm? Whereabouts were you?

brokencycle

Reaction score

The bailout really bugs me, but I really like the looks of the Cadillac CT6 and the new model they have coming. Though, I haven't driven either.

mike1445

Reaction score

Yeah, I've had a Fusion a couple of times--perfectly fine automobile.

Usually I have pretty good rental car luck... The Mustang wasn't really rental car roulette (almost every convertible rental I see is a mustang...but I suppose you run the risk of getting an Old Man Chrysler)

I am rapidly forming an opinion that Chevy just sucks...had a Malibu once and thought it was a pretty awful car too. Used to think there was little difference between the big 3, but it seems to me that Ford is currently building much better cars.

Chevy makes appliances.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't forget about those awful commercials they kept running during the olympics where a bunch of "not actors" kept having their "minds blown" seeing how awesome chevy is.

No idea how they are winning all of these awards (unless they are ****** awards that are given in narrow categories where chevy is the only real entry)...maybe their trucks/SUVs are fine, but the cars I have driven are junk*.

*I drove some tiny low power manual rental in Cape Town that I think was a Chevy...that car was OK I guess, but I don't even think they sell it in the US.
They may be mild, but they are everywhere.  Glaciers bro.

No pm?  Whereabouts were you?

Visiting friends in Madison and rock climbing in Governor Dodge and Devil's Lake state parks.

brokencycle

Reaction score

Don't feel bad, he doesn't let me know when he's going to be in Minneapolis either. Actually, that should make you feel bad, you're down at my level.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads