• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While it still looks like the Transformers model, it's got a new chassis and is more sport/less meathead. I gotta say...me likey.

http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-gallery/2016-chevrolet-camaro-ss-manual-first-drive-review

"For a mainstream car, the level of chassis poise and sports-car-shaming capability is astounding."

I was also watching Head2Head on Netflix last night (great show btw), and in one ep they put this against the M4. Loved it. Hated the M4.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just go on the detailing forums. There are different levels of OCD.

For now, though, why not stop worrying about performance or looks and just enjoy the car?

Not worried about the performance at all right now! I just want to make the car look a bit nicer and clean it up a bit.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In after ramupacifism

I've converted to zen car-bhudism.

Don't mind a bit of polishing. .

If you want results like this: (from a car with heavy scratches on it, especially the door handles)

Steps~
]1.Take it to a self car wash, pressure wash thouroughly, doing the underbody and engine here couldn't hurt.

2.hand wash, then clay bar with water, wash with a bucket and soapy water. Rinse and chamois dry.

3. Buy some painters masking tape. Tape ALL the corners and trim pieces.

4. Use a cutting polish, hand polish is fine, but at this step a buffer comes into it's own.

5. Use a carnauba wax polish. Re do the whole car again with the softer polish.

6. Remove masking tape, hand polish all the corners carefully. Indicators and lights can get some love too.

7. Rub down the whole car with a soft cloth. To remove excess polish in all the grooves and leave a clean surface. You can then do a spray wax coat or another protective wax coat of your choice.

8. Clean your windows, then grab a cloth. Apply tire shine to all your black plastic trims, then your tires.

Voila! Your 4k turd looks a million dollars. :bigstar:

All ready for this weekend: http://www.pebblebeachconcours.net/events/pebble-beach-concours-elegance.html

Last edited:

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For RTC:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I might have missed it, but is he trying to get his car SUPER CLEAN?

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some things I'd do differently from that guy in the vid :

• Power washer is unnecessary as is the foam cannon. Just two bucket using a quality no BS car shampoo (or ONR since I recommend it throughout) with several microfiber sponges, straight line wiping it and rinsing often.
  • Use Optimum No Rinse (ONR) in a diluted solution in a spray bottle as the clay bar interface. It's also a great quick detailer spray.
  • Don't bother with sandpaper, will be too risky and can cause localized areas to look way different from the rest. Get a random orbit buffer, a backing plate, and correction pads (I like the microfiber cutting and polish pads). Use some correction cutting interface like Meguiars Ultimate (easy to use for beginners, won't dust up too bad, etc) and do the whole car. Tape off the corners, plastic and rubber buts, lights, etc.
  • Use an isopropyl alcohol solution to clean after steps rather than soapy water. Dries way faster and cuts away the oils and leftovers.
  • Use an all in one polish and sealant. Those auto detailing sites and forums have lots of quality options. This will polish out the fine scratches and leftovers from the cutting phase while also hardening into a sealant.
  • Final optional step is to wax with something long lasting like Collinite 845. Just a thin layer will last a month at least, mine did for 2.5 months and looked/performed great with a low cost.

After you go through all that, maintaining the finish should be done with Optimum No Rinse and the 2 bucket method. It will be way less harsh on your sealant and wax than other cleaning methods. If you do it semi-regularly you won't need to clean a lot of crud off and start over (at least the polish and sealant/wax steps, if not the cutting/correction step) again.

You can go way further down the rabbit hole here, I'm giving you something in between super OCD with top shelf products and spending hours and hours correcting and maintaining paint vs what that guys video explained.

Good luck and enjoy.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not THAT ocd. The car just has a few chips in clear (little peeling) and a few scratches that don't go through the entire paint (a few small ones might) so I'm trying to do something that takes an hour or two on a hot day to just get that stuff taken care off before it gets worse.

I might do my daily like that as well, but I can also just take that thing through a car wash.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads