• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Getting my Huayra delivered later today.

laugh3-smiley.gif
laugh3-smiley.gif
laugh3-smiley.gif

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
BS I know, but the Huayra is my favorite supercar, I wish I could afford one and that they weren't sold out, so I could get one.

Saw some pictures of a bronze one from the UAE over the weekend, so beautiful.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One sec guys, just got a call from my service adviser at McLaren. Had to get my ceramic brakes replaced and my P1 is ready for pick up now.

They're sending an SL65 AMG to drive me there.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol good ole manny. He and I go way back. He's my administrative assistant; runs errands for me n ****.

LeatherBoot

Reaction score
I have driven plenty of them over the years and considered one as an extra car recently.

It's one of the last old school SUVs on the market which in practice is mostly a bad thing...bad fuel economy, stiff ride, tippy in the corners. The pros? it's still a box so you can fit quite a lot in it (unlike a Porsche Cayenne for instance), it comes with a proper four wheel drive system and locking differential if you like going off road...and the classic electric rear window.

I like old SUVs and the body on frame construction and old suspension make the 4Runner charming to drive.

mike1445

Reaction score
I'm a construction PM driving on unfinished sites year round. I need a legit truck but don't want a pickup. I have a company gas card so mileage isn't a huge consideration. Found a used in the limited trim for a decent number. Need to just have a second set of eyes on it and pull the trigger, I think.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm a construction PM driving on unfinished sites year round. I need a legit truck but don't want a pickup. I have a company gas card so mileage isn't a huge consideration. Found a used in the limited trim for a decent number. Need to just have a second set of eyes on it and pull the trigger, I think.

Like the aggressive looks of the current one. As far as SUVs with "real truck" underpinnings, there's also Nissan. They offer one on either side, in terms of size, of the Toyota in the form of the Xterra and Armada. The Xterra is one of the last also available with a manual transmission, though that doesn't sound like it really plays in to your decision.

upthewazzu

Reaction score
I also believe the Pathfinder, prior to 2013, was body-on-frame based on the underpinnings of their Frontier truck.

Last edited:

LeatherBoot

Reaction score
Like the aggressive looks of the current one. As far as SUVs with "real truck" underpinnings, there's also Nissan. They offer one on either side, in terms of size, of the Toyota in the form of the Xterra and Armada. The Xterra is one of the last also available with a manual transmission, though that doesn't sound like it really plays in to your decision.
If you are looking used a NIssan could be a better deal. Toyota's trucks are highly prized so the resale values are high. I am a big fan of TLCs and it is amazing what old ones with hundreds of thousands of miles still go for.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads