• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

David23

Reaction score
It's a lot closer to the 430 than an F12.

Your right since the 458 is the actual successor of the F430. Different engine and layout from the F12.

What I meant is if you're spending 458 money you can surely afford a F12

0.jpg

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You know, now that I think of it, the one I saw in person did not have the sport package either, which I agree is a must.
I've looked closely at the S with the sport and the nonsport. The sport pack is very subtle, but it enhances the look of the car tremendously. IMO, the sport pack is a must. What I haven't seen is a new S550 with the upgraded diamond stitched interior. I think that interior and the sport pack exterior will make the car great inside and out. Also, I'm really anxious to see the S63 when it's released later in November.

KenRose

Reaction score
well, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.....glad you have driven a porsche. I own a 06 CS, bought new at launch, at the time I was looking at the 997 and a 996TT. I will re-state again that the CS was much closer to my 964 then either the 997 or the 996TT. Liked the push of the TT but didn't' care for the handling. Liked the 997 more than the 996 but it felt "slower" and more lethargic. Went with the CS.

Cayman R came out last year. So you misread what I wrote. I preferred the 06 Cayman S to the 997. Drove the Cayman R for about 20 minutes. It had xenon's and air. Car felt "newer" than mine, a bit sharper but honestly I attributed that to the fact that I was driving a new car vs one that had 120,000 km on it.

As for your air cooled choice as the pinnacle, there are hundreds of websites where people live and die on which model was best. Not even going there....

Your original post of "Cayman R or nothing" is the one that I felt was ridiculously over the top because if there was no Cayman R for you to prefer I'm sure you'd be very happy with the CS. And I maintain that there is very little between those cars new. Yes the set up is different, very very slight center of gravity change, but ultimately we are talking about only 34lbs difference as I haven't seen a Cayman R that didn't' come with air on xenon's. Sure, I haven't tracked it but I track my car all the time and I find it amusing when i see people come out in a 996GT3 and get smoked by a better driver in a miata.
Boxster Spyder vs Boxster S is a totally different story

Lucky you didn't put any money down on that bet or you'd lose every bit of it. Boxster Spyder is out of the way since my post and previous posts were Cayman specific but I agree with your statement regarding it.

If you are use to a 911SC and 964, both of which I have driven, find it hard to believe you preferred the Cayman S over Cayman R. Maybe you only got to drive them on the street and didn't get to "push them."

I prefer the setup of the R over the S. Lower weight, lower height/center of gravity, less creature comforts, better tuned suspension, and looks better with the functional aero. Haven't checked current prices but Id bet it holds its value better than the S as well. Simply the R is as close to a modern day, classic Porsche in the previous generation Cayman lineup. Raw, track focused, gives you the true "sports car feel," and doesn't lose the daily driving appeal. The S is further away from those aspects as it focused on being a street car first. I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the R was on the street for being track first, street second.   

After driving a 981 Cayman S that is my first choice out of all the Cayman. It's so much better than the older Cayman S's. Forced to choose a previous gen I'll stick to my experience that the R is the better choice..

911 Carrera 3.2, 930 Turbo, 964 (including turbo), 993 (including Turbo) will always be the pinnacle of Porsche perfection. That's without getting the chance to drive a 356 Speedster, 959, 550 Spyder, and the like though.   

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

In case anyone's not seen it yet, Chris Harris's F12 pr0n video:

edit: fix link

imagine the stress relief of doing that all day, holy ******* ****

epb

Reaction score

In case anyone's not seen it yet, Chris Harris's F12 pr0n video:

Haven't watched it yet, does he say where he got the car? Ferrari blacklisted Harris years ago over an article, and he's bought or borrowed the Ferraris he's written about ever since. IIRC, the last new model he borrowed from an owner, they actually gave the owner **** for letting Harris drive it. :facepalm:

David23

Reaction score
I believe it was Ferrari UK and they gave him 5 sets of tires to beat to hell and back.

They only let him drive it because of his raving review of the 458 Spider and the number of views that video received. Review of the F12 felt staged like he was forcing praises onto Ferrari. Which is smart to get back on their good side and review cars like the LaFerrari.

Example
Quote:

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I didn't know the backstory but got that feeling also, but it's probably true anyway. Guy owns a 599.

David23

Reaction score
He sold his GT3RS 4.0 for the 599. Said something along the lines of he missed driving them since Ferrari blacklisted him.

Me, I would have kept the GT3RS 4.0. Only 599 exception being a GTO.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One commenter on that article claims to have tried the run 4 times and didn't break the record and says that this new record breaker is full of **** and could have forged the data etc.

How was HE planning on proving his record if he did indeed break it? Sounds like sour grapes to me.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

He sold his GT3RS 4.0 for the 599. Said something along the lines of he missed driving them since Ferrari blacklisted him. 

Me, I would have kept the GT3RS 4.0. Only 599 exception being a GTO. 

I would have kept the 4.0.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ferrari also juices their review cars and dictates the crap out of what the review will look like. Frankly, the reviews are absolute garbage.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads