• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I
Had no idea BMW made that many. Still, pretty rare in the US these days.
it depends on where you are in the US, I think. Very common where I live, but much more rare in other places. Now that I think of it, besides FL I've only seen it commonly in California and the DC area

The e46 is such a pretty design, though. I wouldn't mind being that dude who keeps an old BMW in the garage just because. My cousin and I both still have the first BmW's we ever had - I have a 2001 330ci and he has a e30. His is absolutely pristine, though

Outlaw 06

Reaction score
let's see if we can make the next couple of pages all about BMW's
i think it's unlikely. BMW made what, 80-90,000 of these things? too many

if anything, it's probably the '65 Mustang of my (our?) generation (not rare, but holds some value because of its looks and nostalgia effect), but not as valuable as the rarer cars of its generation like the Chevelle SS or the GTO Judge

Had no idea BMW made that many. Still, pretty rare in the US these days.

They didn't...

BMW NA M3 Coupe (LHD): 26,202 examples produced from 02/01 through 05/06.

Reference: BMW M Registry

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

They didn't...

BMW NA M3 Coupe (LHD): 26,202 examples produced from 02/01 through 05/06.

Reference:  BMW M Registry

Based on that article - 26k for NA, but 80k+ globally, so we're both right :D

Although your number is probably more appropriate for the discussion if we are talking about car collecting in the US

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I'm surprised by the lack of hybrid car talk here. I don't mean the Prius, or Volt, or whatever, but Porsche, Ferrari, and McLaren.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, there's the i8! :D

Idfnl trolling aside, we're about to see what the first generation of high performance hybrids is all about. The NSX, 918, and that uber Ferrari with the stupid name.

Is the mclaren P4 going to be hybrid too?

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

Well, there's the i8! :D

Idfnl trolling aside, we're about to see what the first generation of high performance hybrids is all about. The NSX, 918, and that uber Ferrari with the stupid name.

Is the mclaren P4 going to be hybrid too?

I didn't know the NSX was hybrid too. But the P1, 918, and "The Ferrari" will all be.

these cars will basically set the stage and prescedent for non-hypercar performance cars going forward as its almost certain that the technology will trickle down.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^the new diesel hybrids from VW look promising.

I'm thinking about getting a 2nd car. maybe a beater SUV. I mentioned before about my family's fetish for old land cruisers. I remember seeing this one at McCarren last summer and almost wanted to wait around for the owner to see if he wanted to sell it.

the thing is... I don't really see the need for a SUV anymore after using a wagon for the past couple of years. I also don't want to plunk down money for a performance sedan and have it beat to **** here in the city.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
if I had the need to own a car in NYC, I'd get the Fiat abarth.

fortunately, I don't have the need. Especially when GreenFrog moves here and our M5 rental agreement comes to fruition.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Well bmw hybrids
wrist.gif

I'd probably go with a faster Mini edition over the Fiat Abarth. Or maybe a Polestar (or at least a remapped/tuned) Volvo C30...I love the rear end on those.

I would go Abarth or Volvo, as they are a bit more rare, although Cooper S is a great little city car and with the right driver, they can make grown men scared. :devil:

violethour1951

Reaction score
between NY and LA, I have seen maybe 3 or 4 8-series over the past 3 weeks. Really awesome.
I saw an 8-series on the LSD in Chicago early this morning. Had to do a double take when I was next to it at the light. Very nice design.

Also seeing a couple of Tesla Model Ss around town recently. Those things are eerily quiet

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Well what is there to talk about, they are not out yet.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Torque vectoring, seems pretty bad ass. The cutaway was awesome, the car is actually stiffer than a traditional SLS.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads