• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
specced out a Corvette coupe the way i would buy it - 3LT Z51 with manual (what is this active rev matching ****) transmission, magnetic suspension, performance exhaust, competition seats, and some frou frou stuff here and there. $69k for what seems to be an amazing performance bargain.

the only thing i am not sure of is whether it makes sense to get the removable roof. of course, even if i was in the market for the Corvette, i would not do anything until i see the Z06, as i've said before.

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, that's actually not a bad deal at all for all those options you picked out.

I actually saw a Z51 today at Target. It was a lot smaller than I had expected.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hey GF, a guy down the street has an immaculate jet black E60 M5. he never drives the thing - and i mean i cannot recall in the last 5 years seeing him drive it. he has a truck and a bike, and he only takes the M out to wash it (don't know why he would wash it when the thing looks like glass all the time).

if i ever get wind of him thinking about selling it, it would be a no-brainer

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hey GF, a guy down the street has an immaculate jet black E60 M5. he never drives the thing - and i mean i cannot recall in the last 5 years seeing him drive it. he has a truck and a bike, and he only takes the M out to wash it (don't know why he would wash it when the thing looks like glass all the time).

if i ever get wind of him thinking about selling it, it would be a no-brainer

May not have enough miles on it to actually be in good shape. Leaving a car sitting around can be pretty bad for it as well.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice. Gotta admit I'm kinda confused, though -- thought you weren't a big fan of the e60 m5.

Have had mine for a little over half a year now and I've only put like 2K miles on it, lol.

Averaging 8 - 10 MPG in the city.

No regrets; dat v10 howl :slayer:.

It's an absolute monster now with the new contis.

If there's one thing I dislike about the car, it's the ******* i-drive system. I guess that's what happens when you have engineers in charge of UI design / logic.

I'd also love to see a DCT retrofit on an e60, although that's probably impossible.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
true enough, but he's constantly working on it as well. seems to know what he's doing so hopefully it's getting the minimum amount of use and maintenance to keep it healthy.

at the very least i could flip it :lol:

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gas here in Texas is freaking cheap too -- $2.99 for regular (can't remember the last time I saw gas for sub-$3.00) at shell; $3.39 for premium.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gas here in Texas is freaking cheap too -- $2.99 for regular (can't remember the last time I saw gas for sub-$3.00) at shell; $3.39 for premium.

I just did a check and in NJ it's $3.29 for Premium at the gas station I usually stop at on the way to and from my hometown. Too bad gas prices on I-95 are highway robbery....

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dafuq! Baltimore is 3.29 for regular.

Yeah... Premium is anywhere from $4.15 to $4.50 here in NYC, which is why I get my gas in NJ or elsewhere when I can.

10$+ in Europe

It wasn't too bad when I was driving in Ireland. Drove a Volvo XC60 (4 adults with a TON of luggage) Diesel and the fuel cost ended up being around €60 to fill up after driving clear across Ireland and back to Dublin.

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It wasn't too bad when I was driving in Ireland. Drove a Volvo XC60 (4 adults with a TON of luggage) Diesel and the fuel cost ended up being around €60 to fill up after driving clear across Ireland and back to Dublin.

Diesel and cars with great fuel economy are great.

Goddamn the cls63 amg is so ******* hot. :inlove:

Ran into another one today.

I love them, if I lived somewhere warmer, where white cars don't look like ****, I would have something likes this one, sans ugly bodykit.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Saw a white CLS63 earlier today while I was out running errands. Had red interior, which looked really sharp.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads