• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Shut your mouth!  My baby's character is pure as the driven snow.  I would never allow her to perform this..."road head" that you speak of and then talk about it in detail online

Maybe she just doesn't feel like using your "short shift kit" :laugh:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Last I checked nope (not that there is anything wrong with it).  I don't think you read my entire response Froggy

lol! did not catch the white text.

bravo, sir.

anyway, just got a bill from my mechanic with various fix-it items and routine maintenance:

$2,668, of which $930 will be covered by my warranty. They wanted to charge me $1.1K for fluid flushing (brakes, ******, steering, etc.) and to swap out my spark plugs.

What a joke.

In the end, I passed on the maintenance items and have to pay $600 out of pocket for the valve cover gasket leak and various other vacuum hoses. Wasn't expecting to have to pay much of anything out of pocket besides my deductible, but not too bad. Slightly annoyed, though.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Went and drove two Infinitis for Mrs. Piob today. The JX is out. She liked the FX37. I have to say it drives very nicely and that V6 has plenty enough power. The cockpit is very nice, great electronics. I had them shoot me a lease payment. Was pretty good but I caught the F&I guy trying to rook me. He used a 55% residual when I know it's 56 and tried to add on what is effectively 1% in interest. I called him on both, and after he hemmed and hawed, said he must have been looking at the wrong vehicle and made the adjustments. Motherfucker. If that FX is her choice I shall be extra prickish to deal with.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sat down to eat on Lincoln Rd in Miami Beach, turned around and saw this - interesting distribution strategy...

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dammit, the pic won't attach. Anyway it's a Tesla showroom, right beside Crocs, Lids and G-Star Raw

mike1445

Reaction score

Tesla spotting today at the Wegmans near our new house in downtown Buffalo...? I guess they aren't as expensive or exclusive as I thought previously, not normally a city full of early adopters

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Parked in Shinjuku. I was surprised to see it -- a fake M, yes? -- in Tokyo of all places. Or maybe it is some sort of special edition -- everything there seems to be some sort of special edition.

~ H

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Went and drove two Infinitis for Mrs. Piob today. The JX is out. She liked the FX37. I have to say it drives very nicely and that V6 has plenty enough power. The cockpit is very nice, great electronics. I had them shoot me a lease payment. Was pretty good but I caught the F&I guy trying to rook me. He used a 55% residual when I know it's 56 and tried to add on what is effectively 1% in interest. I called him on both, and after he hemmed and hawed, said he must have been looking at the wrong vehicle and made the adjustments. Motherfucker. If that FX is her choice I shall be extra prickish to deal with.

Any reason the ML is out? I've had both the X5 xDrive 35i and FX37s as company cars recently and went to test drive the ML and loved it quite a bit. I'm a huge BMW nut (though admittedly a GT and not SUV guy), but would begrudgingly rank that segment ML, X5, FX and Q7 after having driven all of them. The FX is decent as far as SUVs go, but it's way too Japanese...the 45 different icons on the nav system, the horrid little heated seat knobs etc. all bothered me.

Last edited:

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought so -- the single exhaust is a clear giveaway that it's not an M.

I didn't see anything too special in Tokyo, car-wise, except for one '70s Skyline GTR that I only glimpsed, otherwise a few Astons, tons of AMGs (usually in -65 trim, including the SUV -- an M- or G- class, I forget), tons of ///M cars, too, and a neat little wagon like 150 class. Lots of GT-R's obviously.

The craziest car I saw was this thing:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1207_mitsuoka_viewt_first_look/

It pulled out from a side street in front of me; at first I thought it was a Jag Mk II, but the proportions and lines were crazy wrong, even at a glance. Fortunately I snapped a pic of its tail and nameplate so I could look it up. Weird.

~ H

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads