• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, my new Carmina Detroit-last PTB's arrived yesterday. Nothing special, just the stock configuration. I wear 7D/E in Barrie, 6.5 in many UK brands (C&J, AS). I based my order on the different sizing lists there are on the internet. Overall concensus was that the Detroit is a very voluminous last, so size down. It took me a loot of research to deside on the UK size 6. Shoes were packed very and complete immaculate our of the box. The slightly angular look of the Detroit last makes the shoes a very different proposition compared to the Aldens for example. All visible work on the shoes was top notch, and the color of the stock brown calf was beautiful.

The shoes were a snug fit (shoe horn definitely required), but just a tad too small. I felt pressure on my toes, and left pinky was clearly aiming to get out of the shoe.

I decided to send the shoes back for refund (thank god of Paypal return refunds program). Carmina were courteous about shipping back. I feel like reordering in UK6.5, but I'd need a bit of your support here.

I'm still unsure weather I should go for the larger UK6.5 size. It might in the end just be too much.

Can you guys help me? Best fitting shoes for the are US7E/D Barries, also Alfred Sargent 87 and 109 lasts fit perfect in UK6.5. My C&J's are on the 341 last and at UK6.5 they are okay, but a bit on the large side.

FYI - I believe Carmina charges shipping for returns only, not for exchanges. You may want to contact their CS for inputs as well.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First day on the Polo suedes. Absolutely love this shoe and the soller last.
IMG_2513.JPG

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

chrfi

Reaction score
I went through a similar issue with the Detroit PTB fit. In the end I took the same size as the Alden Barrie in E (10.5) any smaller and the width pinched my little toe. If the 6 is a little tight I would have thought 6.5 would do the job without being overly long. They are lovely shoes but a much more refined PTB than the Alden, Detroit is also quite a big last but nowhere near the Barrie in terms of volume.

Thank you for your comments! I've now returned the shoes and as it's not really a season for those anymore, I think I wait until I get an opportunity to visit one of their stockists during the winter and really try different sizes.

NycLondon

Reaction score
Has the Carmina showroom in New York City opened yet? It would be fun to know, and, if not, then will there be a little opening party?

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's the model from the outlet section, right? Are you sure it's on the Soller last? The last looks very sharp, I thought Soller is similar to Detroit, very much a round last?!
It is the model from the outlet and it is on the soller last. Pretty wide in the mid section, narrow at the heel but pointy on the front maybe do to tie fact it had the Norwegian stitch I love the fit.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look sharp! Are they unlined?
They are fully lined. Just spent 9.5 hours on them and my feet feel incredible. I wear a 10.5 U.K. In Detroit and these are 11 U.K. and are spot on in fit.

Butterfeet

Reaction score
Soller looks like a rounder version of Simpson then? Long and narrow. I have almost the same pair you have, also in Polo suede, but in Simpson with 6 eyelets and dainite soles. I love it.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads