• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So you're saying there's a chance!?!?

Last edited:

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Carmina puts on any promotions for Black Friday or Cyber Monday or any other holiday incentive? Considering pulling the trigger on something or wait. Thanks!
Uh, oh.
Before Bakes1234 gets over here and tells you how Carmina will never ever have a sale, they don't need to, can charge anything they want, and they're the greatest company since General Motors
biggrin.gif

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uh, oh.
Before Bakes1234 gets over here and tells you how Carmina will never ever have a sale, they don't need to, can charge anything they want, and they're the greatest company since General Motors
biggrin.gif

Are you kidding me, bro?

...They are a way better company than General Motors!
mad.gif

decumulate

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good direct contact email for carmina? I have emailed them about a gmto order using the contact on their website three times in the past two weeks with no response. I can't imagine this is how most people work with them...

Last edited:

EUtroll

Reaction score
I think what gives Rain the perception of being wide is the wide heel and high instep. It does aggressively tapers at the toes, but it is very accommodating of those with high insteps, which is not easy to find for such a sleek-looking last. If you have a narrow D foot with a medium to high step, some people recommend sizing down a size and a half from Brannock. On the other hand, the Rain last may not work at all for those with low insteps. If you do have a low instep, the Simpson last would probably be a better fit.

For reference, I am 8.5D/E on Brannock with a medium-high instep, 8E on AE's 5-last, 8E on Alden's Barrie, 8.5E on Alden's Leydon, and a 8 in Viberg's 2030 last. I have 3 pairs of shoes on the Rain last, all in UK7.5: a leather wholecut, a suede wholecut, and a pair of balmoral boots. Both leather shoes fit me well on the Rain last; there is some very very minor heel slip, but nothing crazy. The suede wholecut on the other fits looser; the heel is noticeably wide, and there is quite a bit of heel slip. Because of how wide the heel is on the suede wholecut, my foot slides forward and there is a little tightness on the small toe from the aggressive toe taper; I don't experience this with the leather shoes.

+1. I tried the rain last and while overall OK my toes were seriously pinched.

For reference:
C&J 337 UK11
Alden Trubalance US11.5D
Carmina Detroit UK11
Alfred Sargent 89 UK11
Vass Budapest 45.5 Peter 45.5 (loafer)

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone have a good direct contact email for carmina? I have emailed them about a gmto order using the contact on their website three times in the past two weeks with no response. I can't imagine this is how most people work with them...

Try Betty at carminashoemaker dotcom

neelp3

Reaction score
Quick question for anyone who ordered Shell boots at the Proper Kit...Did your total come out to more than what the ready to wear shell boots cost on the new Carmina website?

Shiny

Reaction score

Quick question for anyone who ordered Shell boots at the Proper Kit...Did your total come out to more than what the ready to wear shell boots cost on the new Carmina website?  

Probably what all the high fives were about.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone with Forest last confirm that it has a very topographical, anatomical footbed?

That's the 5 minute impression I had when I was trying stuff at the store. But the memory lasted only 5 minutes.

I'm torn between Norweger/Forest and similar with Vass P2 MTO. Vass last having a flatter footbed and not as supportive for long days of standing and walking...but I can get a nicer shade of suede :D

Last edited:

ptr1988

Reaction score
Anyone know if they are ever going to make more -- Model 10051 in Tanned Calf, Rain last. Been looking for these :|

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads