• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

burlyarab

Reaction score
po
post #9989 of 10036 5 days, 5 hours ago

SteveH35

Bought a pair of cognac Shell wingtip boots last night from the website. They already shipped and are scheduled to be here on Monday. Can't wait!
Please post photos! I'm on the edge of getting some cognac shell brogues, but id like to see more real life shots rather than slick professional photos.

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
po
Please post photos! I'm on the edge of getting some cognac shell brogues, but id like to see more real life shots rather than slick professional photos.

These aren't brogues, but they are a pair of cognac shell cordovan captoe boots on the Oscar last that I bought recently from Unipair in South Korea:

They're excellent - the cordovan has a really lovely, warm, deep colour to it and I'm very happy with them.

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^JM, I have the same shoe but in saddle shell. Such a great last, and the cognac is so deep and rich. Extremely envious.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Journeyman those look great. Was eyeing a pair myself. Would love to see more pics as they age!

burlyarab

Reaction score

These aren't brogues, but they are a pair of cognac shell cordovan captoe boots on the Oscar last that I bought recently from Unipair in South Korea: They're excellent - the cordovan has a really lovely, warm, deep colour to it and I'm very happy with them.
That's a beautiful shade - is that considered cognac or 'dark cognac' I've seen both mentioned in reference to Carmina?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Journeyman those look great. Was eyeing a pair myself. Would love to see more pics as they age!

I'm wearing them in the rain today so I may well be able to give you some "aged" photos sooner rather than later!

That's a beautiful shade - is that considered cognac or 'dark cognac' I've seen both mentioned in reference to Carmina?

To be frank, I'm not sure. Unipair referred to them as cognac and they do seem similar to some other pictures of cognac shell cordovan shoes that I've seen. On the other hand, I have a pair of cognac cordovan bluchers from Carmina, too, and they're lighter in colour than the boots. Of course, that could just be due to natural variation in colour between different batches of hides.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When I bought this 5 years ago in Madrid, they were called by Carmina "Vegano Burdeos". I believe is the whiskey colour shell

aglose

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the women's line as far as sizing goes? I'm thinking about getting a pair for my girlfriend, and know her general US size but have no idea how the women's line lasts fit.

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We carry Carmina women's shoes so if you let me know her US size I can check our stock for you.

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

It all depends on the light. In direct sunshine I would call them cognac. In the shade or indoors you might say dark cognac. A different shade of the cognac than the shoe we have. The shoes are saddle and cognac but you see there is not much difference. Each batch can be a little or a lot different.

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Carmina for women. These makeups would be hard for guys to wear but interesting for the lady in your life.

Last edited:

bwp

Reaction score
Maiden voyage.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads