• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interested in prices and what models are available in the factory shop. I will spend a week in Mallorca in April and would like to know if it's worth to make to trip to the factory.

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Interested in prices and what models are available in the factory shop. I will spend a week in Mallorca in April and would like to know if it's worth to make to trip to the factory.

There's no factory shop to my knowledge. There's a Carmina store in Palma though.

Frank the sheep

Reaction score

Is there a factory shop? Tried to find the factory two years ago without success, if there is a shop they can´t sell much :)

pekingman

Reaction score
.... Any requests for photos or intel?

Yeah - ask them when the 2nd round of the cognac boot will be shipped
smile.gif
. I was hoping to pick mine up on a recent trip to Scandinavia, but alas it was not to be ....

Any information you can pick up also on options for different types of hatch-grains (or pebble grains) will be great. The talk earlier in this thread about a textured chukka boot has piqued my interest.

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There's no factory shop to my knowledge. There's a Carmina store in Palma though.

I know the shop in Palma. Last time I was there was in 2009. At the time I did not know much about the brand and did not want to pay full price. After a first pair last week, now I'm converted :)

I think I read in a guide or Internet that there is some factory shop in Inca. But I see your reason to go there is not to buy samples or seconds.

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, the Inca is more expensive because they use a different welt that is of higher quality and is more flexible. This also makes the Inca the most comfortable last (in theory at least). That's what they told me at least, I have actually not tried it on myself.

Concub1ne

Reaction score
Back on topic, I'm going to be at the Carmina factory in Inca on Monday (March 4). Any requests for photos or intel?

If you could get some photos of their range of leathers (suede in particular) that might be good. From what I understand from Epaulet, Carmina has an extensive range, and only parts of that range have yet made it into online photos, and thus common knowledge. Intel wise I'd love some info on the whole grain leather quagmire if they're willing to share. Will it be resolved in the near future? Are they looking for a new supplier?

burghler

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Manton mentioned on AAAC that the 888 is the same as the 82 except with a square toe. Is it the chisel toe that's not to your taste?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure Manton mentioned on AAAC that the 888 is the same as the 82 except with a square toe.  Is it the chisel toe that's not to your taste?

It is, but to my eye, chiseled toes always look a bit sleeker than their round toe counterparts. The 606, for example, looks a bit sleeker than the 202. I don't know if anyone else has ever had this impression, but this is how it's always looked to me.

Regarding Carmina, I mispoke earlier. Where I said Adelaide, I meant Carmina's Alcudia. Sorry for the confusion. Does anyone know how Carmina's Alcudia last compares to any of the EGs, JLs, or C&Js? Or how it compares to Carmina's Deia?

burghler

Reaction score
Ok, I'd agree with that. The sharper lines through the toe make the 888 more suitable for particularly dressy shoes (such as black plain-toes or wholecuts) IMO, not to imply that the 82 wouldn't work as well. I don't have enough personal experience with EG shoes to say one way or the other. I was just curious what your preferences were because I'm planning on order Carmina wholecuts on the Rain last shortly.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is, but to my eye, chiseled toes always look a bit sleeker than their round toe counterparts. The 606, for example, looks a bit sleeker than the 202. I don't know if anyone else has ever had this impression, but this is how it's always looked to me. Regarding Carmina, I mispoke earlier. Where I said Adelaide, I meant Carmina's Alcudia. Sorry for the confusion. Does anyone know how Carmina's Alcudia last compares to any of the EGs, JLs, or C&Js? Or how it compares to Carmina's Deia?
I wear the same size Alcudia as EG's 82/888. However, the Alcudia has a more agressive and sharper toe than the 82. I actually think a very good comparison to the Alcudia is Alfred Sargent's 106 last. Picture below is from the AS website:
Compared to my jodhpurs:
8409933954_652f5ed078.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads