• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gmalicki

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for you to tell me if I am being crazy or not here.

I have a pair of Carminas and noticed that the rubber top Carmina applied is very different in thickness from the left to the right.
Carmina CS is suggesting that this is due to my walking pattern but this difference isn't present on any of my other Carmina boots, even in similar patterns. And we are talking 2x-3x a difference in rubber thickness.

Would appreciate opinions on if this is normal and if I should be asking for a replacement of the rubber top.
To me, it looks like the outsole is not cut with the tread totally centered, so the tread is at the outside making the outsole appear thinner.

My reason for thinking this is that it looks like the lugs have been cut through on the thinner outsole.

Depending on the style of the outsole that may be totally invalid but just my guess based off what I can see in the pics.

kevinftwman

Reaction score
I have single monks in Sineu and have to say it was more sleek/pointy than I envisioned when I put in the order for them, especially when you look at it from the top/side. It is also narrower in the ball of my foot than I think Rain in the same size. In hindsight, think I probably should have went Soller/Oscar for a more casual look.

Need a bit of help. I want to make a pair of chukkas but not sure about the last. I want something similar to the last of another brand that starts with M and its also Spanish. But that last doesn't fit me well. So, I want something rounder but not as round as Oscar, for example. So, I was thinking maybe Lloret or Sineu could work. Does somebody own anything on the Sineu or Lloret?

Lloret

chukka_boots_tan_pereandre_80847_fadl.jpg

Sineu

chukka_boots_snuff_suede_80728_fadl.jpg

Oscar.

chukka_boots_brown_suede_10027_fadl-4.jpg

Attachments

• 20230413_152438.jpg
    20230413_152438.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 111

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you had other pairs that Carmina applied? They’re saying based on the footbed and sole wear is how I read it.
I said this a bit strangely but their is their Tramuntana sole from the factory.

But yes I have other Carminas with the same sole. None have this difference. I'll take a picture later.

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To me, it looks like the outsole is not cut with the tread totally centered, so the tread is at the outside making the outsole appear thinner.

My reason for thinking this is that it looks like the lugs have been cut through on the thinner outsole.

Depending on the style of the outsole that may be totally invalid but just my guess based off what I can see in the pics.
I took this picture for Carmina as well to show how the thinner sole had led to me wearing the toe faster on the left. They do look generally centered the same to me.

Attachments

• IMG-0098.jpg
    IMG-0098.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG-0097.jpg
    IMG-0097.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 156

gmalicki

Reaction score
I took this picture for Carmina as well to show how the thinner sole had led to me wearing the toe faster on the left. They do look generally centered the same to me.
Agreed, with this image it doesn't look to me like that is the problem. It would be strange to have wear on the side like that so it probably is just thinner

Chronic_Zero

Reaction score
Is anyone else really disappointed that the 80440 loafer model in Pina last is not available anymore for custom order? 😓 I was really looking forward to order one pair in grain leather..

Last edited:

hollandn

Reaction score
Is anyone else really disappointed that the 80440 loafer model in Pina last is not available anymore for custom order? 😓 I was really looking forward to order one pair in grain leather..
I had exactly the same issue and I called them and they told me to use the customiser tool using model 80578 then put in comments box you want it made to model 80440 on Pina last. I ordered a pair in bourbon cordovan with a bourbon hatch grain strap. They should arrive soon!!

Chronic_Zero

Reaction score
I had exactly the same issue and I called them and they told me to use the customiser tool using model 80578 then put in comments box you want it made to model 80440 on Pina last. I ordered a pair in bourbon cordovan with a bourbon hatch grain strap. They should arrive soon!!
That's great news ! thanks for sharing

Jeddie

Reaction score
Carmina is basically telling me to pound sand and that the manufacturer isn't responsible which is disappointing at this price point. I'm probably cancelling some outstanding orders with them.

Ah well, makes it a bit easier to save money at least.
Not surprising.

Go to tlb-mallorca, their customer service is a million times better

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not surprising.

Go to tlb-mallorca, their customer service is a million times better
I really like my Meccariello's. Carmina is a bit more convenient if there is a GMTO or MTO I really want and don't have the available budget to go to Antonio. The gap has been closing with their US pricing, so combined with the CS experience, the niche is slipping away a bit for me.

MD1969

Reaction score
Need a bit of help. I want to make a pair of chukkas but not sure about the last. I want something similar to the last of another brand that starts with M and its also Spanish. But that last doesn't fit me well. So, I want something rounder but not as round as Oscar, for example. So, I was thinking maybe Lloret or Sineu could work. Does somebody own anything on the Sineu or Lloret?

Lloret

chukka_boots_tan_pereandre_80847_fadl.jpg

Sineu

chukka_boots_snuff_suede_80728_fadl.jpg

Oscar.

chukka_boots_brown_suede_10027_fadl-4.jpg
I have a pair with the Llubi lasts.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Post pics when it arrives. I have this same make up in mind

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads