• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am pleased to introduce you to Carmina's new GMTO.
  • Available until september 20th
  • Monk strap in museum. Style made on soft chiseled Rain last. Whith a subtly squared-off toe and reguar fitting both in the instep and toe area. With a refined Goodyear welt-construction. This shoe, just like all the other Carmina's, is carefully manufactured by expert craftsmen who follow the exact same techniques that Charles Goodyear created in 1869. Featuring a full high-quality leather sole with Carmina's stamped logo and calf lining.
  • Choose among the 8 colors available in museum leather

norwegian_monk_strap_museum_80180.jpg

grenache

Reaction score
My second attempt at the Calways didn’t goes as hoped. Again the two boots don’t match as the right boot looks like my other Oscar boots and is fine, while the left boot’s captoe is much shorter.

I usually don’t worry about this stuff or minor scuffs/scratches/discolorations on new shoes/boots, but it seems reasonable to me that the boots match. Am I being unreasonable in my expectations? 4E9E1923-C3BB-4927-8F3F-C9701D02D783.jpeg

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My second attempt at the Calways didn’t goes as hoped. Again the two boots don’t match as the right boot looks like my other Oscar boots and is fine, while the left boot’s captoe is much shorter.

I usually don’t worry about this stuff or minor scuffs/scratches/discolorations on new shoes/boots, but it seems reasonable to me that the boots match. Am I being unreasonable in my expectations? View attachment 1829727
Are the shoes 2 different sizes? Are you sure the heels are lined up?

Iloveshoes19009

Reaction score

I usually don’t worry about this stuff or minor scuffs/scratches/discolorations on new shoes/boots, but it seems reasonable to me that the boots match. Am I being unreasonable in my expectations? View attachment 1829727

If you pay that much for a boot you expect them to be made correctly. Completely reasonable imo

I recently ordered 2 mto cordovan boots and they were both defective 😑

grenache

Reaction score
Are the shoes 2 different sizes? Are you sure the heels are lined up?

Same size, heels pushed back against a wall to line the boots up to make sure it’s not me looking at it weird.

If you pay that much for a boot you expect them to be made correctly. Completely reasonable imo

I recently ordered 2 mto cordovan boots and they were both defective 😑

Good to hear.

With one person thinking the boots looking like two different sizes, I’m clearly not making this up. I’ll proceed with returning.

I’m really annoyed as I like the boots otherwise and wanted to break them in for a trip this winter, but will likely get a different style or give up all together as I don’t trust Carmina to send me a correct pair of this style.

Iloveshoes19009

Reaction score
Same size, heels pushed back against a wall to line the boots up to make sure it’s not me looking at it weird.

Good to hear.

With one person thinking the boots looking like two different sizes, I’m clearly not making this up. I’ll proceed with returning.

I’m really annoyed as I like the boots otherwise and wanted to break them in for a trip this winter, but will likely get a different style or give up all together as I don’t trust Carmina to send me a correct pair of this style.

I completely understand. I was extremely looking forward to my 2 pairs of cordovan chelseas, but both came with all sorts of defects. Hell the bourbon pair looked like 2 completely different shades. When i informed them that these were for an event the response was basically "well that sucks, you can place the order again if you'd like"

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good to hear.

In that case, it is certainly an unacceptable defect. and the pair should be remade.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
normanlawrence