• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree with everything you’ve said. But for me, their continual balls ups means no more Carmina purchases. Happy to admire their shoes from a distance. Some very nice ones posted on here.

I totally get you there are some companies that have left a bad taste in my mouth that no matter what happens in the future I will just never ever purchase from them again as a matter of principle. Example Mercedes Benz and any company that is associated with them or they are invested with in anyway. If MB was the last car company in business making cars I would not buy one. I would keep my old car and if it could not be repaired I would do without a car. That is that they lost me as a customer for life no matter what happens in the future.

Wcutsmart

Reaction score
I agree with you, I posted a similar statement a while back that we had no issues until covid.

But at some point someone at a higher level has to make sure that what is going out the door is of a standard.

Sure we all get it and all are suffering from covid and Carmina is a smaller company so it hurts more. But if they keep pumping poor quality out the door and totally wrong orders this only compounds their issues. Like I said someone in charge needs to take control and set things right. No one here has any issue with waiting for orders, I don't think anyone is in a rush to get their shoes here, we all have other pairs to wear, we are not shoeless.

So if it takes a little longer to get a pair of shoes that passed QC and pack the correct shoes in the correct box and put the correct label on that box no issue take your time we can wait. But keep pumping garbage out the door packing the wrong shoes in the wrong box with the wrong label and you will soon lose customers and eventually be out of business.

So if anyone at Carmina is bothering to read these post STOP right away. Take a look at what your craftsman are making check the quality. Only if it is of your past QC standards send it to shipping. Take your time pack the shoes per the invoice with the correct items. Put the correct label on the box and take your time we can wait for you to get it right.

I don't see how you can afford to not do it right. Return shipping labels cost money, upset customers cost money, canceled orders cost money. Just take your time we are ok to wait a bit longer so you can get the orders right.

No offense but how many companies have you managed?

miamidoc

Reaction score
In other news I just ordered an Armagnac Cordovan jumper boot outlet pair in a similar make up to what I was going to order for custom weekend. Half the price and shipped within 12 hours. Every other outlet pair I've ordered has been solid. (Much more so than the custom ones I’ve ordered) So here’s to the hope that trend continues.

On a different note I don’t understand how someone gets shipped someone else’s shoes TWICE. Once. Ok. No problem. But TWICE.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No offense but how many companies have you managed?

No offence taken.

Currently 1 and if I put out poor quality or wrong orders I get bad Google reviews, corporate complaints, nasty Facebook post, nasty voicemails, nasty emails, bad Yelp reviews the list is long this all leads to lost customers and sales. Times are hard sales are slacking with covid I need all the customers I can get so yea keeping them happy is important to me as a manager. So yes I personally make sure things are getting done right so I don't lose customers they are what is putting food on my table and a roof over the heads of my family.

As for past exp (seems you may think I don't have much) in the past 40+ years I have managed as high as CEO level several companies positions held for up to 12 years. So yea I know what I am talking about here my comment to Carmina is solid advice and I am following it myself right now during covid to keep things going.

No offence but how many companies have you managed???

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First - I didn’t realize you had any non-boots!
;)

Second - are these no show with loafers? Based on the photos it seems these would still cover the bridge of the foot, ie the socks would show with loafers - am I missing something? Would love it if that was mistaken
:-D

True, I suppose it’s a matter of how low the top of loafer’s vamp is. I have this mental tick that finds it disgusting to wear shoes with no socks. But, socks constantly slipping off my foot, drives me crazy.
BEA6D45C-F0FC-4710-8675-9538EADCB81F.jpeg

9DD2BCE2-4252-438E-B278-8A62C8702FFA.jpeg

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No offence taken.

Currently 1 and if I put out poor quality or wrong orders I get bad Google reviews, corporate complaints, nasty Facebook post, nasty voicemails, nasty emails, bad Yelp reviews the list is long this all leads to lost customers and sales. Times are hard sales are slacking with covid I need all the customers I can get so yea keeping them happy is important to me as a manager. So yes I personally make sure things are getting done right so I don't lose customers they are what is putting food on my table and a roof over the heads of my family.

As for past exp (seems you may think I don't have much) in the past 40+ years I have managed as high as CEO level several companies positions held for up to 12 years. So yea I know what I am talking about here my comment to Carmina is solid advice and I am following it myself right now during covid to keep things going.

No offence but how many companies have you managed???
In situations like this, in the UK we say you’ve just pissed on his fireworks ?

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try falke for invisible socks. I’ve found them to be quite good. They do different types too. ?
I haven’t tried them, I did consider giving them a try, but the reviews seemed like they have the same problem I always experience. The slipping off thing drives me crazy. I see that Amazon has a try it for 7 days, and if they don’t work, send em back. I’m going to take them up on it, and give these a try. For $22 a pair, hopefully they measure up.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven’t tried them, I did consider giving them a try, but the reviews seemed like they have the same problem I always experience. The slipping off thing drives me crazy. I see that Amazon has a try it for 7 days, and if they don’t work, send em back. I’m going to take them up on it, and give these a try. For $22 a pair, hopefully they measure up.
$22? ? They’re like $10 in the uk. On the heel, there are some small rubber nubs that stop them slipping.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you share what the lasts and leathers are on these two loafers?
Neither of them are Carmina, I was simply using them as examples.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$22? ? They’re like $10 in the uk. On the heel, there are some small rubber nubs that stop them slipping.
$10? Must be import fees, they’re more than double here. I did find them for as low as $14 but after shipping, the lowest is around $18 depending on how many ordered. Guess the Amazon try before you buy jacks up the price a bit. Yeah, almost all no shows have those rubber nubs, I’ll report back on their utility.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads