• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tabasco.cheesecake

Reaction score
sigh, here we go again. received another Carmina order, this time for black chelsa boots and two pair of shoe trees, that i did not order.
Waiting on a return shipping label from Carmina USA office.

Attachments

• IMG_9265.jpg
    IMG_9265.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_9266.jpg
    IMG_9266.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 80

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s pretty crazy to mix that up. Suggests they don’t have a handle on the basics at all. On the plus side: the shoes look good!

Just curious: Are they sending you a voucher or anything for your trouble? (As it’s quite annoying to have to sort this for something you didn’t order..)

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You’re not seriously suggesting he keep them? ????

No just wondering how bad of a screw up it was.

I mean if you are packing a box with a customers order and you ship items they did not order (the shoe trees) and a the wrong shoe this is messed up. If you are also shipping them a shoe size that they did not order this is yet an additional screw up.

You know if John Smith ordered UK 9 boots and you put UK10 in the box you are clearly in a brain haze. Heck what did you order if it was say shoes and they shipped boots oh man someone there is really in the daze.

What is concerning is has anyone noticed the complete absence of Carmina on the forums. Seems they have gone total MIA and this is not normal they were always here in the past.

I would say 90% of my shoes are Carmina and I have been very happy. But based on the past year of post on this forum I don't think I will be ordering anything until they get things under control.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No just wondering how bad of a screw up it was.

I mean if you are packing a box with a customers order and you ship items they did not order (the shoe trees) and a the wrong shoe this is messed up. If you are also shipping them a shoe size that they did not order this is yet an additional screw up.

You know if John Smith ordered UK 9 boots and you put UK10 in the box you are clearly in a brain haze. Heck what did you order if it was say shoes and they shipped boots oh man someone there is really in the daze.

What is concerning is has anyone noticed the complete absence of Carmina on the forums. Seems they have gone total MIA and this is not normal they were always here in the past.

I would say 90% of my shoes are Carmina and I have been very happy. But based on the past year of post on this forum I don't think I will be ordering anything until they get things under control.
Before a year ago, all my Carminas were pretty much flawless. But the last 12 months have been a joke. This being, lots of posts in the last 12 months showcasing lovely shoes. I guess it’s now a lottery.

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before a year ago, all my Carminas were pretty much flawless. But the last 12 months have been a joke. This being, lots of posts in the last 12 months showcasing lovely shoes. I guess it’s now a lottery.
Covid has hit a number of companies - not just in shoes/boots. But, within the shoe context, the Whites Boots thread has similar delivery time / QC failures. QC issues are likely a result of personnel changes: either people unable/unwilling to come into a factory or people being let go do to cost constraints and unseasoned people taking their place. I've run into similar situations with other non-clothing companies.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s almost loafer season, PSA for the best no shows I’ve found, and crazy sale on them.
First - I didn’t realize you had any non-boots!
;)

Second - are these no show with loafers? Based on the photos it seems these would still cover the bridge of the foot, ie the socks would show with loafers - am I missing something? Would love it if that was mistaken

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Covid has hit a number of companies - not just in shoes/boots. But, within the shoe context, the Whites Boots thread has similar delivery time / QC failures. QC issues are likely a result of personnel changes: either people unable/unwilling to come into a factory or people being let go do to cost constraints and unseasoned people taking their place. I've run into similar situations with other non-clothing companies.

I agree with you, I posted a similar statement a while back that we had no issues until covid.

But at some point someone at a higher level has to make sure that what is going out the door is of a standard.

Sure we all get it and all are suffering from covid and Carmina is a smaller company so it hurts more. But if they keep pumping poor quality out the door and totally wrong orders this only compounds their issues. Like I said someone in charge needs to take control and set things right. No one here has any issue with waiting for orders, I don't think anyone is in a rush to get their shoes here, we all have other pairs to wear, we are not shoeless.

So if it takes a little longer to get a pair of shoes that passed QC and pack the correct shoes in the correct box and put the correct label on that box no issue take your time we can wait. But keep pumping garbage out the door packing the wrong shoes in the wrong box with the wrong label and you will soon lose customers and eventually be out of business.

So if anyone at Carmina is bothering to read these post STOP right away. Take a look at what your craftsman are making check the quality. Only if it is of your past QC standards send it to shipping. Take your time pack the shoes per the invoice with the correct items. Put the correct label on the box and take your time we can wait for you to get it right.

I don't see how you can afford to not do it right. Return shipping labels cost money, upset customers cost money, canceled orders cost money. Just take your time we are ok to wait a bit longer so you can get the orders right.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with you, I posted a similar statement a while back that we had no issues until covid.

But at some point someone at a higher level has to make sure that what is going out the door is of a standard.

Sure we all get it and all are suffering from covid and Carmina is a smaller company so it hurts more. But if they keep pumping poor quality out the door and totally wrong orders this only compounds their issues. Like I said someone in charge needs to take control and set things right. No one here has any issue with waiting for orders, I don't think anyone is in a rush to get their shoes here, we all have other pairs to wear, we are not shoeless.

So if it takes a little longer to get a pair of shoes that passed QC and pack the correct shoes in the correct box and put the correct label on that box no issue take your time we can wait. But keep pumping garbage out the door packing the wrong shoes in the wrong box with the wrong label and you will soon lose customers and eventually be out of business.

So if anyone at Carmina is bothering to read these post STOP right away. Take a look at what your craftsman are making check the quality. Only if it is of your past QC standards send it to shipping. Take your time pack the shoes per the invoice with the correct items. Put the correct label on the box and take your time we can wait for you to get it right.

I don't see how you can afford to not do it right. Return shipping labels cost money, upset customers cost money, canceled orders cost money. Just take your time we are ok to wait a bit longer so you can get the orders right.
Agree with everything you’ve said. But for me, their continual balls ups means no more Carmina purchases. Happy to admire their shoes from a distance. Some very nice ones posted on here.

tabasco.cheesecake

Reaction score
That’s pretty crazy to mix that up. Suggests they don’t have a handle on the basics at all. On the plus side: the shoes look good!

Just curious: Are they sending you a voucher or anything for your trouble? (As it’s quite annoying to have to sort this for something you didn’t order..)

i did receive a pair of shoe trees for the first mixup, and a 10% off code for the second mix up. but yes, i agree, annoying to say the least.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads