• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FENWAY

Reaction score
Not sure why you'd want the original insole. First thing I do is swap out the flimsy Chippewa insole that they come with.

Kah tah din

bronco302

Reaction score
They feel good to me, although the boots have approx 100 hours of use, In a month period.
I have taken them 4 times to my 3 mile dogwalk .
I just got another pair of the homestead collection, those didn't come with an insole and want to keep them stock' .

bronco302

Reaction score
I went through the website didn't find anything. But it don't hurt to call
1f44d.png

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
call LLB and they'll find you one if there's one to be had, great customer service.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought a pair. Went tts so I can wear with thick socks and then thicker tacco insoles with lighter socks

bronco302

Reaction score

call LLB and they'll find you one if there's one to be had, great customer service.

I picked up a pair of red wing insoles, the boot feels great at the sole but tight at the upper.
I will cal LL bean and try the ones they supply.

bronco302

Reaction score
Just bought a pair. Went tts so I can wear with thick socks and then thicker tacco insoles with lighter socks[/
I picked up a pair of RW insoles; I have two stores close to where I live so I didn't want to wait.
So after the insole and thick cotton sock the left boot feels very snug, I can feel the seam of the toe cap even with a lighter sock. So I'm going to wait and mash the insoles a little more.
Which ones did you get?!?

bronco302

Reaction score
[/IMG]
Chippewa homestead black Odessa vs katahdin iron works.
The Odessa boots are 'skinnier' or tighter.
There is no break in needed.
Got a pair of RW insoles
With insoles even with light socks it's a pretty tight fit.
Thinner leather and lighter than the katahdins; without the insoles it feels very flat and like stepping on bare floor, maybe thicker sock will help.
The katahdin on the other hand Is made of thicker leather and the cap has more room even with insole.
I'd rather have the hardware of the katahdin on the homestead boot (lace holes and speed hooks) .
I might just end up taking off the insoles out of the Odessa boots, but I say the katahdin is way better constructed and better quality over the homestead boot.
I still will keep the Odessa boot and will break it in the right way.
The LL beans in my opinion are at the top of chippewa's collection .

Last edited:

Kerrick

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the cordovan engineer boots next to the Chippewa branded version? I was wondering if they were the same leather, as I've handled the Chippewa service boot in cordovan and really liked the look and feel (alas, didn't fit)

Finding the Chippewa boot in cordovan and a EE is proving to be a pain, so I'm tempted to just get the LLB product since I know their service to be impeccable and EE is right there on their site in all sizes. The only thing I dislike is I guess I'd rather have flat laces but that's easy enough to fix.

Last edited:

Burra

Reaction score
Hi there,

Had my pair over four years now and I go through phases of loving them and phases of hating them.

I have squashed my toe box, so I don't have the bulbous toe, which I like not having, but... Something annoys me about them and I just don't know what it is...

Great boots, comfortable, sturdy...

I think I am not a fan of the dark oiled leather... Parts of my boots have rubbed smooth, other parts are still oiled ruff... This could be a bit rookie, but I am thinking of polishing the oiled leather... With a kiwi brown... What would happen? I have seen pictures of smooth leather Katadhins, polished to shine, and they look good. A rich red... Is that a different boot, or could I get that with brown polish, and lots of it? Any help would be appreciated. I don't want a deep brown, I want a richer brown if that is possible??

Thanks,

Last edited:

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so...how do these stack up against say...Wolverine 1k miles?

and...20% off coupon anytime soon?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads