• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

red81

Reaction score
Where can I actually purchase these? The L.L. Bean online store does not have them in stock (for any size within a size and a half of my own) until March, and according to the online locator no stores have them in-stock anywhere in the state.

the store by my house had them in stock (except for my size) even though it said it didn't have any online. i'd call the stores and check over the phone.

mHo2

Reaction score
Hey, i'm looking at picking up a pair of these boots.
My (Brannock measured) shoe size is a 9.5 E+(Meaning a little larger than an E). Unfortunately they only offer widths EE and D in the boots.
If I go 9.5EE will the extra width be a big issue? If it will be, what size should I go for, or are there another pair of recommended boots that would look similar but have a better fit for me? (I live in Canada, so something I could check out in a store would be best)

Thank you,
- Mat

EDIT: As a side, i did order the 10.5D's a while ago, and they were far too long, but perfect in width. (I returned them)

Last edited:

Pilcrow

Reaction score
the store by my house had them in stock (except for my size) even though it said it didn't have any online. i'd call the stores and check over the phone.
Guess I'll give the store a call, then. Closest store is still 40 minutes away, though. Surprised they don't have a location in Manhattan or anywhere on Long Island.

Pecos Bill

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Just received a pair of these boots. It was a toss up between this and the IRs. I think it was the less bulbous toe that sealed it for me. I am an 11.5D in most dress shoes, and I guessed right reading the many posts in this thread; I went down 0.5 size and got a proper fit. I'll be able to wear medium socks if needed.
HOWEVER, Ima beat the HELL outta these first, to get that 'vintage' look, and then want to polish em up to look like these....

Any experiences with getting a good shine on them besides the Obe LP stuff? Thanks in advance!

shade

Reaction score
Whats everyones thoughts on pairing these with a black leather jacket or charcoal pea coat? I always match my belt but whats the census on the outerwear?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Whats everyones thoughts on pairing these with a black leather jacket or charcoal pea coat? I always match my belt but whats the census on the outerwear?

Mine are so dark (with sno-seal/obenauf's) that I have worn it with my black leather ToJ MDR and wasn't bothered by it. I think I might be a little bothered by it in bright sunlight, but going out at night, the pairing works out ok.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the SF guys who told me about breaking them in the right way. Man these guys are really comfortable!

I even applied some product that I used for my Clarks to protect them and ti's now darker oh well.. Will post pics soon

Love these boots

Neon Ghosts

Reaction score
Anyone have one of those free $10 gift cards to spare? I wanna buy me a pair of Katahdin's, well, as a student, you can imagine I'm not exactly swimming in money. I'll share with you the $10 gift card from my purchase. I'd greatly appreciate it.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has anyone had luck resoling these on a leather sole? growing tired of the big chunky ugly rubber sole.

chicubs1908

Reaction score
Has anyone worn these in the winter months without Obenauf's or sno-sneal?

Just curious whether they can take a beating without those protects because I enjoy the original color and don't particularly want to darken it.

stmoore1

Reaction score
Has anyone worn these in the winter months without Obenauf's or sno-sneal?

Just curious whether they can take a beating without those protects because I enjoy the original color and don't particularly want to darken it.

I didn't apply anything to my first pair since they were really well oiled out of the box and had no problems, just wiped them down with a damp cloth from time to time. After a year of wear I had a problem with the toe box stitching and swapped them out for a new pair in a store.

The newer pair was a little more dried out since it wasn't strait from the factory, and the salt on sidewalks around Boston pushed me to apply some Obenauf's. I used a light hand though and they look just like the first pair did strait from the factory. Within a two weeks they had even started getting back to that lighter color, but an approaching snow storm hand me applying another light coat.

Below is a pic of my first pair (no Obenauf's). I'm looking at my new pair right now (with a light coating of Obenauf's) and they look identical to these:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmoore1

poena

Reaction score
I've worn mine to Salt Lake City and in the snow occasionally here so far without Obenauf's yet.

Also through mud and then cleaning with water.

Holding up just fine.

Degler

Reaction score
My boots after a little over a year of wear. Gonna apply another coat of Obenauf's to them soon. I also have a pair in 9D that I need to return or sell...

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, I have a pair of these in 10.5, in the old style leather (much preferable IMO) that I'm going to return to LLB.

I much much prefer the look of these, but the 11Ds fit me better.

Just thought I'd see if anyone here wanted them before I send them back, tried on indoors, but never worn outdoors.

Bought them at the old price too, so like ~45 cheaper than the current LLB retail..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads