• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dont forget to use your free $$$$ from ebay if you have a store. Expires March 31st

http://www.sd.ebay.com/subscriberdiscounts/viewOffer/Q1Premium2017

As a basic store owner, I only receive a $25 coupon. Am I the only guy who gets the 12 rolls of BOPP tape and then sells them on eBay for $3 per roll?
Got this neutral feedback "Wish they listed it was a ladies size. Did not fit, gave it to a relative." The hawaiian shirt had a 22.5" Pit to pit but had 2xl hand written on the tag. I listed it as untagged and said in the item condition that it had a size hand written on the tag and I wasn't sure if it came from the factory that way. I only listed the pit to pit in the title. Am I going to be able to get this removed if I try?

Did you list it under "Men's Clothing" or "Women's Clothing?" Also, which side were the buttons on?

Last edited:

63AMG

Reaction score

I ran across an eBay listing in which the seller stated in the description "active member of styleforum" and gave his user name. I thought that was pretty bold. How long do you think that will last? I'm considering doing the same thing. Any thoughts?

I assume this is one of my listings. I've been doing it a couple of years now...

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a basic store owner, I only receive a $25 coupon. Am I the only guy who gets the 12 rolls of BOPP tape and then sells them on eBay for $3 per roll?

Did you list it under "Men's Clothing" or "Women's Clothing?" Also, which side were the buttons on?
You used to be, I got 12 rolls and used 1 piece of 1. Now I am going to list the other 11 rolls. Thanks Doc!

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was photographing some $2 op shop ties today to prepare for sale. One of them is a Kiton, but I didn't notice until I got the camera out that it's a 7-fold. So hopefully I can get a pretty decent ROI on that one.
I've never seen a kitty silk tie that wasn't 7 fold. I'd be concerned I have a fake if it wasn't.

Kids these days. Amazon same day shipping is destroying shipping expectations. Got a (positive) feedback about slow shipping. Went first class, Monday to PO - Saturday to customer. We're spoiled.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain you'd be able to get a negative removed if the comment mentioned shipping speed if the item was shipped and delivered on schedule.

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think he's saying they left positive feedback but mentioned the shipping was slow(in their opinion) in their comment.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Think he's saying they left positive feedback but mentioned the shipping was slow(in their opinion) in their comment.

I was just pointing out that a negative left with that same comment should be removable.

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True 'dat, Fueco. More directed at the guy above saying he didn't get it.

A general gripe about the physical post office:

Their counter pricing makes absolutely no sense and their scales are an atrocity. And they have different weight thresholds for 1st class than are available online? WTF?? I just had to pay $8.35 for a package that I know weighs under 11oz. I didn't make a scene because I actually like the counter guy at this post office and I barely slid in before closing so I didn't want to totally **** with him but lesson learned, always print from home! I have plenty of other gripes (don't get me started on the price difference between regular priority and FR envelope for smaller items) but will end my postal rant here.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, mothafuckas!" -Mr. Rogers

Leonardo Perez

Reaction score
I stick with the common, do some review for the certain item you want to purchase online if possible to ask for additional pictures try it. nothing to loose and you will know further details about it.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Another one to block, WOW entre.davi

Thought my first message was pretty nice. Already got the feedback removed but that's besides the point for all you guys who sell on here.

PS - Oh yea, this was due to the claim that buttons were loose......
baldy[1].gif

Quote:
Your previous message
Hi, I just saw you left us a negative feedback which was a bit out of the blue. If there was any issue with the item we are always here to help resolve the problem (maybe we missed a message from you?) but we did not see any message or the request for a return due to an issue? Please let me know if we can help resolve this problem. As you can see we work very hard to make sure all our customers are happy with the items they received and I know you have bought other items from us without issue in the past

Regards

Brian

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics