• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a bit of the backstore. This guy was super polite right up until he didn't get his way, hence my response to his feedback...

My first message to him (I'm sorry to hear that the shoes do not fit...) was sent after waking up to see that a return was open for "Does Not Fit". His first response claims that there was no return policy stated in my listing (this is my first red flag).

I responded, and even gave him screen captures showing where the return policy is shown in my listing.

His response to me questioning his negative feedback shows what a real douchebag he is. Would it be wrong to block an entire country based on one asshole?

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's no way this isn't real: 322411488341
almost 2 months after the sale an authenticity claim. On hold w/ the bay right now, going to work the buyer's remorse angle. If it fails, give me some talking points to get the CSR past script to escalating and closing in my favor.

for the blocked list.

Closed in my favor, but not on the merits of the case, just because of the age of the transaction. Almost lost the first round. We'll see if this goes to PP.

Bad things come in 3s?
PP Unauthorized Payment claim from new buyer.

So the 3rd, I'm hoping, is the 2 unauthorized transactions I found when reviewing my PP debit card charges. 2 gas stations in VA down the road from each other for $100+ each. Already got my $ back, but the case is pending. Don't know how I'd lose, but time will tell.

For those of you just tuning in, got the Ludlow Unauthorized payment claim closed by a lovely man in Scotland. Was on hold for a few and was surprised when I heard the distinctive double beep of the UK phone system. Had a good chat, and after a few glitches with his system, we got the case closed in my favor. Let's hope that's all the drama for a while.

Last edited:

masaccio

Reaction score

I hate sellers that list $80 items at $130 BINOBO...

BO at $65, second offer at $75, third and final offer $80.

Not seeing the problem here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BO at $65, second offer at $75, third and final offer $80.

Not seeing the problem here.

You don't have a problem with a seller marking a used item up $50 over retail for a BINOBO listing? When I pointed him towards the item's page, his response was that "other Gustin jeans sell for a lot more". Yeah, not this one.

masaccio

Reaction score

You don't have a problem with a seller marking a used item up $50 over retail for a BINOBO listing? When I pointed him towards the item's page, his response was that "other Gustin jeans sell for a lot more". Yeah, not this one.

Sorry, I misunderstood since I don't know much about denim—I thought you meant that $80 would be a fairer resale price, not that one could buy it new/elsewhere for $80!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sorry, I misunderstood since I don't know much about denim—I thought you meant that $80 would be a fairer resale price, not that one could buy it new/elsewhere for $80!

No worries. He showed a pic in the listing of the item number tag. It's a quick search to find retail price from that. I was trying to help him by pointing him to the item's product page and his immediate response was combativeness

classicthrifter

Reaction score
Updates about the person who wanted to return an item 70+ days out. We swapped a couple of messages before him finally realizing he messaged the wrong seller and item. When he started describing a NWT item I knew he had the wrong person. He sent an apology note this AM.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Updates about the person who wanted to return an item 70+ days out. We swapped a couple of messages before him finally realizing he messaged the wrong seller and item. When he started describing a NWT item I knew he had the wrong person. He sent an apology note this AM.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Good-Day-Sir-Willy-Wonka.gif

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever sell gold items on eBay? Is is safe? I found a 1oz gold panda coin in a box of my parents I hadn't seen in 10 years. No sentimental value so I just want to sell it. I am worried about a scammer. It is probably worth $1500-$1800. Any tips to keep safe?

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Anyone else get screwed by Dropbox disallowing the serving of pictures? Every one of my auctions had an image in the Public folder of how I measured that particular item. So on March 15th Dropbox removed this ability which means all of my auctions had a little ? instead of the image. I had to edit 100 items (which some of you guys with 1000's of auctions laugh at) but I still wasted ½ of my Saturday.
Had this issue with photobucket once and then went to hosting all my own photos on my website account under my own domain. 0 issues with down time or things changing

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever sell gold items on eBay? Is is safe? I found a 1oz gold panda coin in a box of my parents I hadn't seen in 10 years. No sentimental value so I just want to sell it. I am worried about a scammer. It is probably worth $1500-$1800. Any tips to keep safe?
Has it been graded? PCGS will do a gold coin in that price range for around $32. It will save you a TON of headaches dealing with people who will invariably ask a myriad of questions regarding quality.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has it been graded? PCGS will do a gold coin in that price range for around $32. It will save you a TON of headaches dealing with people who will invariably ask a myriad of questions regarding quality. 

I may do this, but it is $65 to join then the grading fee, submission fee, shipping cost and shipping fee. It will be almost $150 total

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads