• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
eBay will likely not take down a listing that is using images or a description from another listing that has already ended. I've reported it a couple times when people flipped things they bought from me, and nothing happened. Apparently both listings have to be active.

This is poop. Not you TNM, but eBay and their "Oh I can't do anything about that" attitude. I'm hoping Spoo reports this guy then for failure to pay but his listing is back up under the guys name. That's not right at all! I'm sorry Spoo!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

This is poop. Not you TNM, but eBay and their "Oh I can't do anything about that" attitude. I'm hoping Spoo reports this guy then for failure to pay but his listing is back up under the guys name. That's not right at all! I'm sorry Spoo!

Im all for the entrepreneurial spirit, no hate there - but you've got to work for it.

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
Im all for the entrepreneurial spirit, no hate there - but you've got to work for it.

Totally agree. Everybody is doing his work for him. You, me, other members here.... Grrrr. I'm curious, have you received any messages from him about not paying right away?

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this has happened before, it was a Tailor Vintage shirt of yours Spoo, right? Except it was on grailed or something, not the bay. It's in the old thread, too lazy to look it up, but yeah. I wonder how many of these people this seller has screwed?

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yeah, this has happened before, it was a Tailor Vintage shirt of yours Spoo, right?  Except it was on grailed or something, not the bay.  It's in the old thread, too lazy to look it up, but yeah.  I wonder how many of these people this seller has screwed?

Yup, its happened to me innumerable times.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone should let Jompso know that guy is reselling that Brioni DB using his pics
nest.gif

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

eBay will likely not take down a listing that is using images or a description from another listing that has already ended.  I've reported it a couple times when people flipped things they bought from me, and nothing happened.  Apparently both listings have to be active.

Should be irrelevant because the images themselves are copyright of the originator.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanted to consult the pros before continuing...

1) Sold and item.

2) Buyer stated the item didn't fit, the size was right but the shirt was too small. Initiated a return.

3) I do not accept returns, which is clearly stated.

4) Spoke to an eBay rep that stated this is a clear case of buyer's remorse and to decline the return request.

5) I do.

6) Buyer leaves neutral feedback.

7) I call eBay, rep tells me I've done everything right i.e. included the correct measurements, stated it appropriately, included pictures of the size tag, etc. BUT he cannot remove the feedback or defect because it is the buyer's opinion.

How should I continue moving forward? Is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Wanted to consult the pros before continuing...

1) Sold and item.

2) Buyer stated the item didn't fit, the size was right but the shirt was too small. Initiated a return.

3) I do not accept returns, which is clearly stated.

4) Spoke to an eBay rep that stated this is a clear case of buyer's remorse and to decline the return request.

5) I do.

6) Buyer leaves neutral feedback.

7) I call eBay, rep tells me I've done everything right i.e. included the correct measurements, stated it appropriately, included pictures of the size tag, etc. BUT he cannot remove the feedback or defect because it is the buyer's opinion.

How should I continue moving forward? Is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance.

going forward, nothing you can do except contact the buyer and try and arrange a revision.

going backward, escalate the request to a claim to close out in your favor and they cannot leave feedback.

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
Should be irrelevant because the images themselves are copyright of the originator.

I just looked up in eBay's help section "Another member is using my pictures or description." The first answer was...

"You can't use another member's pictures or descriptions without their permission. If another member is using your images or description, let us know.

Read our images and text policy for more information.

Tip: You can watermark your pictures with your username details."

So from there, I clicked on the "Images and Text Policy".... See for yourselves.... http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/image-text.html

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads