• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I've been called a tool (along with a lot of other sellers here who use the word on items with high production numbers) There's a very good reason to use RARE in your listing, and it has everything to do with sales. If you don't abuse it, it will work for you. It's one of a million tools in the toolbox of sales, every once in a while I will take it out.

I think most folks know what I mean, i.e.: these listings for RL Blake shirts that are "rare"...when I can probably find 4 or 5 at my local Goodwill, and 30+ at every TJX and Marshalls around here. That's the sort of thing I'm referring to. I agree, there is a good reason to use "rare" as a descriptor - when it's a rare item. If it's mass-produced but doesn't show up often, maybe "scarce". In any event, potatoes / potatoes.

Also, I bought cheap re-fill ink off of ebay and it sucks. That is all.

Off to Office Max to buy some real (read rip off) ink.

I can't believe how much office supplies cost at Office Max. I went there looking for padded mailers and they wanted something like $2.50 each - you'd think they would offer better prices than, say, Target or WalMart, on office supplies...but they were 2x the price.

USPS has a priority box that's designed for shoes. Don't ship them in an envelope. It'll look extremely unprofessional and if I ever got shoes like that, I'd be pretty annoyed.

If the shoes are already sold, probably too late to order the shoe boxes from USPS - it'll be 7-14 days for the boxes to show up. But I would use them in the future, and with some finessing you can shove one inside another to double-box since they're a bit flimsy for international.

Just seems cheesy to me. But hey, if it helps your sales somehow, more power.

+1. Doubt anyone is searching for those terms, but maybe if they see it alongside whatever they were searching for, it makes a difference to someone browsing.

sparrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take a picture if the backplate of watch

Does the little dials work?

Last edited:

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please help me best describe this coat.
Mackinaw is a fabric - but does it apply, has it become a term for the style? Coat is lambswool.
Norfolk has a belt, so not really that.
Not a sport coat, is it a hunting coat?
Thanks in advance -

Last edited:

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shog[1].gif

suppose I could've looked there.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just seems cheesy to me. But hey, if it helps your sales somehow, more power.

I find that I often run out of space using only legitimate descriptive terms in the title. Never have room for Gorgeous, Stunning or the like. Who searches for those words anyway?

jmza2

Reaction score
Just getting into selling on Ebay as I have spent the past year lurking, learning, and asking questions.

I have spent the past view hours searching through this thread but still have a few questions that I hope you Ebay Jedi Masters can help with:
1.) Photos? I have a DSLR and external flash (i.e. not the built in one) but am struggling in terms of background for the product. Do you use a stand with a sheet for the merchandise, post processing to create a consistent background, etc.?
2.) Merchandise Presentation - For suits and sports coats my assumption is a mannequin (of any type) is better than a hanger? Shirts folded, ties rolled, etc. Are there any best practices here?
3.) Auction Template - What are the better templates out there? In my research there appears to be a ton. Is it purely personal preference or have folks found success with one more so than any others?

I apologize for the questions but I want to limit any mistakes with my initial auctions to maximize my ability to sell the merchandise.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated as I have purchased a number of goods from a lot of the members here and value your opinions.

J

marc roberto

Reaction score
Quote:
As a buyer some of those words were a turn-off for me. Kind of like the super-smooth-slippery-salesman thing turn-off. Too much pump-up.
I once read somewhere that it helps to put the brand name in the beginning of the title because it helps with search results, and having something to do with e-bays search algorithm. I would guess it has to do with most specific searches being brand related.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a saved search for "iconic".

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance