• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There is a new kid running the parcel pick up van for the USPS in our town. I met him last Tuesday on my snow day. I was not really impressed with the way he handled my merchandise. 

Fast forward.......

I was just outside smoking a stogie and found a package in the snow drift from Friday the 13th. It was a small white box and had gone unnoticed until the snow melted a bit today. GRRRRR. I take it he is not actually counting the outgoing packages like he should be.

That to me is a call to the district manager. Play the "that was someone's Xmas gift" angle maybe.

Good help is hard to find. :facepalm:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm apparently awesome at being able to tell the difference in directions. This does not bode well for my prospects as a surgeon-wannabe.

"We excised the mass on the left side. Wait, what do you mean it was on the other left? Oh fark..."

-----

Edit: I feel better now that I know I was right. Gawd! Stop making me think I can't do directions. I have a hard enough time anyway!

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The first word that comes to mind is "photoshop" but you seem like you're asking a legit question. In that case, I'm at a loss for words. It's like a shawl collar but without the shawl.

Exactly...didn't know if there was a proper term for it aside from "collarless".

It's a vest that grew arms!

...Tho save for lack of collar/lapels, it's structured like a standard blazer.

I think that is a women's collarless blazer like this:

Buttons on mine are on the right = men's.

Cardigan collar?

That might work - thanks!

The buttons are on the right side on his though!

No button on left is woman's
That is woman blazer

My buttons are on the right (not left) side, thus men's. Plus, it's Kenzo Homme.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No , button on left , is woman's
That is woman blazer
Yes, but the original blazer in question has the buttons on the right.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My only neg got removed today. It was from someone claiming they didn't receive an item for a month. He left the feedback a week after he bought the item. It was an international shipment to Canada too. ******* elated. Also had a good thrift day, and my mannequin came in. It's such a ******* good day.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, the agent today just escalated it and said they want 48 hours regardless of all the evidence. They agreed that it does look like buyers remorse but refused to close it out on the phone and said that all decisions take 48 hours.
That's BS. I had mine remove instantly. He told me it might take a little white to got through, but by the time I walked from the living room (I'm a phone pacer) to the laptop in the office, it was already gone.

labravajazz

Reaction score

Sometimes you have to call BS on the BSers. Tell him to send the shoes back for a refund. Do not offer him a 25% discount! That's exactly what he's after!

I asked him to return the shoes as I don't believe I misled on condition and photos were very clear in my description. i also pointed out that the price was very, very low anyway for this brand. He responded by asking why I would want to court bad feedback?!
He also threatens that if he has to send them back he will demand all extra international postage costs both ways in an ebay claim.
My question is if I refund what he wants couldn't he still leave me bad feedback?
and if he makes an ebay claim against me can he demand all postage as well as refund item price? I presume he can't leave bad feedback if item is refunded?
I'm naive on these matters always having feedback saying the item was better than expected so all this is a nasty shock :(

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I asked him to return the shoes as I don't believe I misled on condition and photos were very clear in my description. i also pointed out that the price was very, very low anyway for this brand. He responded by asking why I would want to court bad feedback?!
He also threatens that if he has to send them back he will demand all extra international postage costs both ways in an ebay claim.
My question is if I refund what he wants couldn't he still leave me bad feedback?
and if he makes an ebay claim against me can he demand all postage as well as refund item price? I presume he can't leave bad feedback if item is refunded?
I'm naive on these matters always having feedback saying the item was better than expected so all this is a nasty shock :(

Really sorry to hear about that. Like in all sales, there is a small minority that won't play fair. It sounds like you have one on your hands, assuming that the shoes are as you describe. I recently had a similar experience with an international buyer. They claimed that a sweater I sold them was stretched. It wasn't. My photos were accurate, my measurements were accurate. They're a seller, so I'm fairly certain it was a case of not knowing they were buying a women's sweater rather than a men's. What did I do? I didn't argue, just returned their purchase price and shipping costs at my expense (once I received the return).

The way I look at it, if I get hit with that every 100 sales or so, I'm still fine. If you don't want to mess with the entire process of trying to fight it, I advise you to simply roll over on it. Keep in mind, I have no idea how much they paid in customs fees, etc. If there is a significant amount tied up in it, I'd try to negotiate a deal with them (i.e. I would return their shipping + item cost, but not customs fees). I'd especially try this if you don't sell often, and remind them of this fact (I'm just a normal guy selling my things...). However, they CAN leave feedback for you regardless of whether you accept the return. The only instances where they can't leave feedback are those where you win a case.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a message pop up today when I had to log back into eBay - updated terms & conditions - I just clicked "accept" and moved on...then noticed that nearly all of my listings now offered the Global Shipping Program. Turns out I was automatically opted in - I did not request it. So I had to opt out of the program, but that takes 24 hours to take effect for some reason. Found a get-around to remove it from all listings (instead of having to do them individually), but didn't make note of where/how etc. Anyway, just a heads-up if you get the new terms & conditions pop-up page: check your listings and make sure you were not opted into GSP automatically (if you don't want to be opted in, that is).

ScottW

Reaction score
^^^ That exact same GSP situation happened to me a couple of months ago. You are "opted in" (a bullshit phrase considering no other option is presented) when you accept the updated T&C agreement, which you have to do. I just waited 24 hours and opted out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads