• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

az64q

Reaction score
It's nothing to worry about. That is their generic, blanket disclaimer that they put up on popular brand names. There's probably a disclaimer for pretty much all the categories. For toys the disclaimer is for recalled items, for electronic media it's for pirated material, etc.

Absolutely no reason to worry.

Last edited:

az64q

Reaction score
I decided it wasn't worth the aggravation. Seems like it's a pretty random process that picks up items to question.

What aggravation? It's not picking up anything and there is no process. It's just a reminder not to sell counterfeit goods, that's all it is. It's just like the Terms of Service on any website (SF included).

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What aggravation? It's not picking up anything and there is no process. It's just a reminder not to sell counterfeit goods, that's all it is. It's just like the Terms of Service on any website (SF included). 

Good to know. The sentence referring to it being flagged and reviewed led me to wonder if I would have to prove authenticity somehow.

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn auto-correct on the ipad!

Fixed now:
What is everyone's impressions on the flippabilty of Aquascutum rain/trench coats? I see a fair number - a lot seem to have Aqua5 - but because I see a fair number my impression is that they're not that rare so margins would be low.

Last edited:

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My vent for the day.

I sold a BNWT SC on eBay, I have two of the exact same coats. Because they are the same, I grabbed the one not pictured on eBay. Guy gets it yesterday and tells me he wants the one in the Auction. I am trying to explain they are the exact same coat, with the same measurements, the only difference is the hanging tag 024 vs 026.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I e-thrifted a pair of Edward Greens for $55 that I hoped would fit me, but they don't. Looking to flip now. Problem is they were half-soled poorly and need to be redone.

Nick at B Nelson looked at them and said it'd be $180 to make them nice again ($90 standard resole + $50 channeled and beveled soles + $40 replace damaged welts) so my total investment would be $235.

Worth the investment in the repairs? Completed EBay listings seem kinda all over the map. I'm guessing I could get $400 for them with new soles, without too much trouble. But more than that, I'm not sure.

What would you guys do?

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
What's the deal with international priority mail? Tracked sufficiently well for ebay's standards? May need to ship a shirt. Sorry, Spoo :embar:

hmmurdock

Reaction score

What's the deal with international priority mail? Tracked sufficiently well for ebay's standards? May need to ship a shirt. Sorry, Spoo :embar:

I'd send it USPS registered mail....most likely will be cheaper, more secure and have tracking the whole way.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I'd send it USPS registered mail....most likely will be cheaper, more secure and have tracking the whole way.

Generally what I do, but looking at rates, small flat rate box or large video flat rate box may be ~$10 cheaper.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Don't have any at the moment - burgundy semi-brogue bals on the 202 last. Think they are the Cadogan model.

It all depends on the script and age. Theyve been making the Cadogan forever - could be 250, could be 500. Id likely pass them personally.

Sorry for what?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads