• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

phzanella

Reaction score
Have a question about advanced search.
Lets say I search Test (A1, A2, A3, A4) (B1, B2, B3, B4)

Does this search ONLY produce
  • Test A1 B1
  • Test A1 B2
  • Test A2 B1
  • Test A2 B2
Or can it produce:
  • Test A1 B1 B2
  • Test A3 B1 B3 B4
  • Test A2 A4 B1 B4
If the latter search is not possible, how should I search to cover multiple combinations?

haloitsme

Reaction score
eBay is getting greedy :(
15% + transaction fee... LOL..

I calculated then, with outside buyers and conversion it's about 19-20% just in fees.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a good suggestion for a place to get a large box? Preferably one where I could go today or tomorrow morning to buy in person. I sold a rolling garment bag and the large box I have is a little too small. I need something like a 24x24x10 or so. I tried Staples and OfficeDepot and Staples had one that was close. Any ideas?

Edit: looks like Home Depot might have one that could work with a little cutting.

Probably late but Uhaul has some odd boxes for weird things like golf bags and lamps that would work.

goatamous II

Reaction score
eBay is getting greedy :(
15% + transaction fee... LOL..

I calculated then, with outside buyers and conversion it's about 19-20% just in fees.
gotdamn

i didn't even notice that
sold a bag recently

1631126474757.png

15.9% fee, though that's after tax. (i thrifted the item, so still happy with the return)

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have we always had to refund shipping? I don’t get a lot of returns, and haven’t had one in a while, but I don’t remember getting my own shipping refunded when I’ve needed to return something. I had a buyer decide after almost a month that the item he bought (not clothes) doesn’t work correctly.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have we always had to refund shipping? I don’t get a lot of returns, and haven’t had one in a while, but I don’t remember getting my own shipping refunded when I’ve needed to return something. I had a buyer decide after almost a month that the item he bought (not clothes) doesn’t work correctly.

For NAD returns, we’ve had to pay return shipping and refund shipping as long as I’ve been at this.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess "developed a crack" counts as NAD.

In the old days, that would be reversible with a call to EBay. I haven’t had a NAD return for almost a year (touch wood), so I’m not sure what the current Ebay policy is. It might be worth a call.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the old days, that would be reversible with a call to EBay. I haven’t had a NAD return for almost a year (touch wood), so I’m not sure what the current Ebay policy is. It might be worth a call.
I think I will call. He sent a picture of the crack, and to me, the cast in manufacturing date code (or whatever that is) doesn't look the same as the one in my listing. Wishful thinking on my part?

I wish I had a better picture of the one I sold.
his picture
His Pic.jpg

my picture
listing pic.jpg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I will call. He sent a picture of the crack, and to me, the cast in manufacturing date code (or whatever that is) doesn't look the same as the one in my listing. Wishful thinking on my part?

I wish I had a better picture of the one I sold.
his picture
View attachment 1665894
my picture
View attachment 1665895

Did he actually write that it developed a crack? After using? I know in the old days, that would’ve been an easy win on your part and a strike against his account for attempting a fraudulent return. But things have probably changed. I’d call for sure.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did he actually write that it developed a crack? After using? I know in the old days, that would’ve been an easy win on your part and a strike against his account for attempting a fraudulent return. But things have probably changed. I’d call for sure.
Yep. In the initial return request, he said it developed a leak. In sending the picture I posted, he said that he went through it and noticed a crack developed. I'll update with ebay's decision.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with ebay. The rep I talked to said he had his doubts about the return as well, and doesn't believe it is the same part. Weird though, he said he couldn't take action today because the return was just created yesterday. I am supposed to get a call back again on Tuesday, at which time they can deal with it, and he's documented everything. I guess I just ignore the return until that time.

phzanella

Reaction score
What is the best way to sell ties on ebay? It seems with so many items listed (at least over 500,000) there is little market opportunity.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads