• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Plus with what I just outlined above with my situation - as long as tracking shows delivered and it's to the address that the buyer has on file, you're covered.
No not always, high value items need a signature. I think 600 or 700$ and up. Otherwise you are out of money... if any thing goes south.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had no idea.....
Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 8.16.10 AM.png

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Had the same request multiple times, because shipping from Austria to US usually with Fedex or DHL express, and they all request signature.

You can tell him, he should sign a formula by the shipping companies that allow to leave the package unsigned. Easiest thing.

And you are save; because you shipped with signature.

Thanks for all the advice, guys. I told him that ebay may require signature confirmation, and he was ok with that in the end.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well got the ol MC011 restriction. Probably off of eBay for quite some time or maybe permanently.
Good thing i list On multiple platforms. My posh sales were 4x my ebay sales lately so just gonna dust off the Etsy and depop accounts and let ebay go **** itself. I would Suggest branching out if ebay is your only source of income cuz you just never know when the formula will come arkund to **** you

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feel ya, man. I kicked myself off eBay over a year ago, haven’t tried to sell a thing on there in a while because it just didn’t seem worth the headache. I’ve stuck with just local listings, but should branch out to other platforms. Have been trying to motivate myself to get back on the feebay though. Fees suck but better than not selling anything at all.

Curious, what caused it?

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feel ya, man. I kicked myself off eBay over a year ago, haven’t tried to sell a thing on there in a while because it just didn’t seem worth the headache. I’ve stuck with just local listings, but should branch out to other platforms. Have been trying to motivate myself to get back on the feebay though. Fees suck but better than not selling anything at all.

Curious, what caused it?
No explanation
Said “more details provided below” then no details provided at all. Said i had To complete requirements (didn’t list any requirements) then reply to the email but when i reply to the email i get an automated message saying the email address does no accept incoming email

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds about right. eBay sucks. But they are the biggest bully on the block so ya gotta play their game. Good luck with it! I’d hound their CS phone system until they realize you’re not just gonna take it.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My posh sales were 4x my ebay sales lately so just gonna dust off the Etsy and depop accounts and let ebay go **** itself.

You just got a note saying you had to improve your performance, or what?

Are you selling the men’s items on Poshmark?

I’ve had some good luck (and a couple times, unbelievable luck) buying things on the other apps. eBay has that “similar items sold for $1,000!” script when you list things now, which sucks. It either kills your chance of getting a deal, or if their estimate’s inflated, a realistic price.

I was all set to open up a laser-focused Etsy store centered around one type of item…but when I tried, their tax system was just too daunting. If I read it right, they want you to calculate what tax to charge not only for different states, but different *counties* within those states. And then mail a check to your state’s tax office or something every month. No idea how anyone sells there.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You just got a note saying you had to improve your performance, or what?

Are you selling the men’s items on Poshmark?

I’ve had some good luck (and a couple times, unbelievable luck) buying things on the other apps. eBay has that “similar items sold for $1,000!” script when you list things now, which sucks. It either kills your chance of getting a deal, or if their estimate’s inflated, a realistic price.

I was all set to open up a laser-focused Etsy store centered around one type of item…but when I tried, their tax system was just too daunting. If I read it right, they want you to calculate what tax to charge not only for different states, but different *counties* within those states. And then mail a check to your state’s tax office or something every month. No idea how anyone sells there.
No note, yanked all of my listings and won’t call me back. They said I’d get a call back in 24-72 hours. It’s been almost 7 days now

phzanella

Reaction score
Have a question about advanced search.
Lets say I search Test (A1, A2, A3, A4) (B1, B2, B3, B4)

Does this search ONLY produce
  • Test A1 B1
  • Test A1 B2
  • Test A2 B1
  • Test A2 B2
Or can it produce:
  • Test A1 B1 B2
  • Test A3 B1 B3 B4
  • Test A2 A4 B1 B4
If the latter search is not possible, how should I search to cover multiple combinations?

Last edited:

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I already knew I was here to provide lame dad jokes/comedic relief... but seeing the superstars that grace our presence on here is making me think I need to get serious about my online sales. Holy cow guys. Impressive.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a good suggestion for a place to get a large box? Preferably one where I could go today or tomorrow morning to buy in person. I sold a rolling garment bag and the large box I have is a little too small. I need something like a 24x24x10 or so. I tried Staples and OfficeDepot and Staples had one that was close. Any ideas?

Edit: looks like Home Depot might have one that could work with a little cutting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads