• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now I have a negative feedback for refusing to send the refund

That should certainly be removable. Point out to the CSR that no return was opened and no tracking was provided.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now I have a negative feedback for refusing to send the refund
Honestly, it’s just not worth the hassle. People expect new condition ferragamos for $50 lol. It becomes almost a waste of time.

div25sec9

Reaction score
That should certainly be removable. Point out to the CSR that no return was opened and no tracking was provided.
ebay makes it so difficult to get any real help. I had a rep that agreed that it should be removed, but feedback has been put under a different agent group, so told me that I had to go elsewhere. It currently is under review, but ebay never ceases to amaze me with how they can mishandle things.

goatamous II

Reaction score
Personally, i think "site issue" or "system glitch" is always a bogus reason because they simply don't know wtf is wrong.
I view it as customer service saying "i have no idea what happened, but let's fix it for you and move on with life'

DinhoT51

Reaction score
Hi all, please let me know if this should go elsewhere or if anyone has had a similar issue recently. High level:

- I'm based in the UK, and I sold an item to a UK-based seller before Christmas.
- Item was posted via Royal Mail 48 hour tracked delivery (no signature).
- It was delivered within that time frame before Christmas, there was 'proof of delivery' on the Royal Mail website with the post office delivery person holding it in front of the buyer's door.
- At that point, I assume all is good.
- Buyer (who has 100% positive feedback from 30 transactions) reaches out earlier this week asking for a delivery update as the item hadn't been delivered and no card was left.
- Naturally I point them to the delivery confirmation on the Royal Mail website with the picture of the package outside their front door.
- They tell me that they haven't received anything, and indeed were away from home for the last 3 weeks. They did not communicate this to me when they bought the item, otherwise I could have delayed sending it.
- They want me to raise a claim with Royal Mail which I can do, but from what I can see, Royal Mail would just say the item has been delivered, here's a picture outside the recipient's home, go away.
- I've got no reason not to believe the buyer but at the same time, the item made it to their address.
- I'm aware that it's typically "seller responsibility" and the buyer had paid postage to ensure it was delivered, but it's not like this was lost in transit. It made it to the destination and was marked "delivered".
- Royal Mail have perhaps left it on the doorstep and someone nicked it over the last 3 weeks, which they shouldn't have done but it's out of my and the buyer's control.
- Alternative is that buyer is lying but I couldn't confirm either way.

Anyone got an idea of how this might play out?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, please let me know if this should go elsewhere or if anyone has had a similar issue recently. High level:

- I'm based in the UK, and I sold an item to a UK-based seller before Christmas.
- Item was posted via Royal Mail 48 hour tracked delivery (no signature).
- It was delivered within that time frame before Christmas, there was 'proof of delivery' on the Royal Mail website with the post office delivery person holding it in front of the buyer's door.
- At that point, I assume all is good.
- Buyer (who has 100% positive feedback from 30 transactions) reaches out earlier this week asking for a delivery update as the item hadn't been delivered and no card was left.
- Naturally I point them to the delivery confirmation on the Royal Mail website with the picture of the package outside their front door.
- They tell me that they haven't received anything, and indeed were away from home for the last 3 weeks. They did not communicate this to me when they bought the item, otherwise I could have delayed sending it.
- They want me to raise a claim with Royal Mail which I can do, but from what I can see, Royal Mail would just say the item has been delivered, here's a picture outside the recipient's home, go away.
- I've got no reason not to believe the buyer but at the same time, the item made it to their address.
- I'm aware that it's typically "seller responsibility" and the buyer had paid postage to ensure it was delivered, but it's not like this was lost in transit. It made it to the destination and was marked "delivered".
- Royal Mail have perhaps left it on the doorstep and someone nicked it over the last 3 weeks, which they shouldn't have done but it's out of my and the buyer's control.
- Alternative is that buyer is lying but I couldn't confirm either way.

Anyone got an idea of how this might play out?

In the US, this would be an easy win for you if the opens an item not received case, but I’m not sure if the UK has the same rules.

div25sec9

Reaction score
Personally, i think "site issue" or "system glitch" is always a bogus reason because they simply don't know wtf is wrong.
I view it as customer service saying "i have no idea what happened, but let's fix it for you and move on with life'
I had my case for feedback review closed off as "closed due a technical issue". What kind of BS is that?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here use 6x9 unpadded mailers? I have 1700, and will send them to you for cost of shipping plus $4 for coffee.

IMG_4711.jpeg

RFHansen

Reaction score
Does anyone here sell clothes at Bonanza? If so, how are you doing with it?
I am asking out of curiosity because a while back I decided to give it a try and was very impressed with how quickly they copied my entire eBay store onto their platform. However, despite having hundreds of items in stock, I never had a single sale, offer or even a question from any buyers there.

acconrad

Reaction score
If you know your waist, hip, thigh, knee, etc., and you're buying on the bay with listed measurements, how much tolerance or extra room do you look for in each to get a good idea of a fitting trouser? I've heard +2" for thighs (so 20" thigh = 22" thigh in pant or 11" measured flat) but not sure about other measurements.

goatamous II

Reaction score
If you know your waist, hip, thigh, knee, etc., and you're buying on the bay with listed measurements, how much tolerance or extra room do you look for in each to get a good idea of a fitting trouser? I've heard +2" for thighs (so 20" thigh = 22" thigh in pant or 11" measured flat) but not sure about other measurements.
my rule of thumb has always been to just measure a current well fitting pair of trousers and compare

usually measurements are taken laying flat, but you can always reach out to the seller to confirm

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question.
Received messages from a buyer this morning (on a new pair of G&G boots) which were pristine, never worn and in original box.

The shoes received were worn and do not match the description, and the seller does not acknowledge it

1. He had obviously worn them outdoors, as the soles were scuffed
2. Then claims the box was not original

I suspect he did not like them and was either a/ looking for a discount our b/ looking to return.
Is there any way to challenge the negative feedback, or just take it on the chin?

div25sec9

Reaction score
Quick question.
Received messages from a buyer this morning (on a new pair of G&G boots) which were pristine, never worn and in original box.

The shoes received were worn and do not match the description, and the seller does not acknowledge it

1. He had obviously worn them outdoors, as the soles were scuffed
2. Then claims the box was not original

I suspect he did not like them and was either a/ looking for a discount our b/ looking to return.
Is there any way to challenge the negative feedback, or just take it on the chin?
Someone more experienced may have better advice, but I think you are stuck with the return. I would take them back, then escalate with ebay once you get them back: that you received the item back in different condition than you had sent.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintusingay