• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rhyme

Reaction score
Really quick and easy to use, great for the mannequins that look like they they're about five tequilas deep.
So its not just my mannequin that is tilted. So tired of it. I was thinking of buying a new one but I am guessing its gonna end up the same in a few months.

You might wanna block this dude. Bought a nwt LBM jacket from me and sent me the below message. Next day opened a return which I accepted only to get the jacket back without tags. Told him that wont work and he offered me $20 which I also accepted just to get rid of this headache. While I was relisting the jacket I realized the asshole kept the lapel pin as well.

lbm.JPG

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Up to your discretion whether you want to block this guy. Messaged me multiple times before the purchase about sending a picture of the tie knotted so he could see how it looked also. View attachment 1406682

The oddball request and high maintenance buyers are the worst. Needed to see the tie knotted... I would just delete the message and move on.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I grew up in private school. I can tie one in my sleep.

It’s been so long since I’ve had to wear one that I’d need to look it up. I don’t have the particular childhood trauma ofgoing to private school.;)

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone else having bad luck during the apocalypse?

Got my first return request. Dude said he just didn’t like it and that it “seemed to be” lower quality than other football jerseys from the same expensive brand. (No). I don’t take returns. Anyone know the best way to handle this, or a script to write the buyer?

He probably wore it to two weeks of protests.
:(

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Argh, I guess it shouldn't frustrate me that buyers don't really understand ebay. I had a buyer pay for an item and then pay immediately (he was accepting an offer, so didn't actually have to do that). He then asked if I could delay shipment. I so wish that he had mentioned that earlier so that I could have said to accept the sale, and then wait a few days to pay. Anyway...

I don't have to ship until Tuesday because I had changed all my handling times to 2 day back when Corona hit, and I haven't changed it back yet.
Am I correct that as long as I have printed the postage on Tuesday, ebay will not care when I actually give it to the post office, and won't defect me if it sits in my basement until Thursday or Friday?
Buyer doesn't want it until Monday the 29th, and I would expect Priority to get from Milwaukee to Philly between Friday and Monday.
Thanks guys. I'm a little rusty. With no thrifts open until a couple of weeks ago, and skeletal crew at ebay to fix problems, I've been a pretty unmotivated seller for the last three months. Also, I'm typically a really fast shipper--like if he hadn't messaged me it would have been out of my hands within hours. (And as for the thrifts, opening them back up hasn't helped much. I've only bought a couple of things, and nothing for flipping. Bikes, lawnmowers, and snowblowers on FB has been much more useful than ebay here lately.)

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Argh, I guess it shouldn't frustrate me that buyers don't really understand ebay. I had a buyer pay for an item and then pay immediately (he was accepting an offer, so didn't actually have to do that). He then asked if I could delay shipment. I so wish that he had mentioned that earlier so that I could have said to accept the sale, and then wait a few days to pay. Anyway...

I don't have to ship until Tuesday because I had changed all my handling times to 2 day back when Corona hit, and I haven't changed it back yet.
Am I correct that as long as I have printed the postage on Tuesday, ebay will not care when I actually give it to the post office, and won't defect me if it sits in my basement until Thursday or Friday?
Buyer doesn't want it until Monday the 29th, and I would expect Priority to get from Milwaukee to Philly between Friday and Monday.
Thanks guys. I'm a little rusty. With no thrifts open until a couple of weeks ago, and skeletal crew at ebay to fix problems, I've been a pretty unmotivated seller for the last three months. Also, I'm typically a really fast shipper--like if he hadn't messaged me it would have been out of my hands within hours. (And as for the thrifts, opening them back up hasn't helped much. I've only bought a couple of things, and nothing for flipping. Bikes, lawnmowers, and snowblowers on FB has been much more useful than ebay here lately.)
You should be fine. There are not supposed to be any late shipment penalties, or service metric penalties through mid July.

MrUsedThreads

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Normally eBay uses the first scan when an item is dropped of at the post office to calculate shipping time. So yes, it would be held against you. However, as capnwes stated, shipping penalties aren’t being enforced at the moment due to covid.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Normally eBay uses the first scan when an item is dropped of at the post office to calculate shipping time. So yes, it would be held against you. However, as capnwes stated, shipping penalties aren’t being enforced at the moment due to covid.
Thanks guys, good to know about the service metrics holiday. That combined with the chat transcript where “Jeff” said he’d note the customer request on the transaction should cover me then. I’m always paranoid because I got dinged once for not uploading tracking information for a local meet up. :fu:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyexchangeget