• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ertu

Reaction score
This is only my guess... but if they live in the US, report them to the US agency and if they/you live in Canada you can report it to that agency as well.

This is really not a common thing. Having sold 1000's of items (Spoo, Wes, and others selling 1000's and 1000's more as well). It's not like this is happen all the time or even close to a small percentage of the time. I'm trying to think if I have ever, maybe once years ago had this happen so your talking 0.0001% or something like that.

It is rare to happen, I get it now. That is somewhat of a relief.

But now, what if it does happen, lets say you accept a refund and it comes back with an empty box, or different item, etc, and the buyer did it on purpose, I have a hard thinking about how you can prove this to the police or whatever agency is suppose to be watching over this. Wouldn't it pretty much be your word again someone thousands of kilometers away on the internet that bought your stuff. It is not like there is a live camera that will be recording you once you receive your package from the mailman and then you open it right away to make sure it is the right item.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote: I'm not sure what kind of answer you are looking for. If someone breaks into your house and robs you but there are no witnesses and no live camera around what do you do? It's a crime and you go report it to the police.... At least with eBay you have an address, a name, ebay has info, paypal has bank accounts, etc. Really pretty much end of story.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
so here's the deal. i have sold one item 3 times with no payment. and i am truly at a loss. as it is better than an identical one sold previously.

i have a 50% (if lucky) Customer payment rate. and am quite frankly a little more than annoyed about it. i take good care of repeat customers, and offer unique stock.

honestly? i much prefer doing slimmer deals for members. where we both walk away happy. frustrated with ebay right now.

Last edited:

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score

so here's the deal. i have sold one item 3 times with no payment. and i am truly at a loss. as it is better than an identical one sold previously.

i have a 50% (if lucky) Customer payment rate. and am quite frankly a little more than annoyed about it.  i take good care of repeat customers, and offer unique stock.

honestly? i much prefer doing slimmer deals for members. where we both walk away happy.   frustrated with ebay right now.

Whatcha got?!

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i have a 50% (if lucky) Customer payment rate. and am quite frankly a little more than annoyed about it. i take good care of repeat customers, and offer unique stock.

honestly? i much prefer doing slimmer deals for members. where we both walk away happy. frustrated with ebay right now.

eBay is indeed a cruel mistress from which there is little pity. Unfortunately, we have to rely on the heartless ***** because she is the only worthwhile game in town.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Whatcha got?!
Eh, it's an MCM Boston Tote Bag. 95/100 condition, with shoulder strap. maybe gonna offer it up on the thread as a lady's Christmas gift.

one of these. quality beats LV. no idea why i am stuck with it. nobody wants? my wife will get it.
tongue.gif

will update my Ebay with new stock soon. time to rotate the wares.
eBay is indeed a cruel mistress from which there is little pity. Unfortunately, we have to rely on the heartless ***** because she is the only worthwhile game in town.
yeah, But not moving enough to make it a full time job. just pocket money for car stuff. so sad. i find some damned good stuff.

Last edited:

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh, it's an MCM Boston Tote Bag. 95/100 condition, with shoulder strap. maybe gonna offer it up on the thread as a lady's Christmas gift.

one of these. quality beats LV. no idea why i am stuck with it. nobody wants? my wife will get it.
tongue.gif

will update my Ebay with new stock soon. time to rotate the wares.
yeah, But not moving enough to make it a full time job. just pocket money for car stuff. so sad. i find some damned good stuff.

Consign that **** with some of the thread's big boyz. Gather together a bunch of stuff, put it in a box, ship it... cash checks.

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score

one of these. quality beats LV. no idea why i am stuck with it. nobody wants? my wife will get it. :p
will update my Ebay with new stock soon. time to rotate the wares. yeah, But not moving enough to make it a full time job. just pocket money for car stuff. so sad. i find some damned good stuff.
That thing is sweet. I'm sure it'll make Mrs. TV very happy. Don't worry, we won't tell her you tried to sell it first!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just got this back, ended up working out fine - guess they forgot they had ordered two similar coats.

Thanks for the help/suggestions as always, appreciate it gents!

This is partly why I put a handwritten tag with my inventory number on everything I sell. If there's a problem, I ask for a picture of that. Then I can tell if I sent the correct item or if they have received something from me.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two custom made sport coats that have 15.75" shoulders. Three people have purchased them so far and I messaged each buyer to make sure they reviewed the measurements before I ship. None of them did, and I had to cancel the sale each time. There are 3 separate reminders in the auction to look at the measurements, including one in giant letters in the description that mentions the fact that it's a custom made coat with very small shoulders. Makes me wonder how many people actually look at the measurements when they buy something. I bet it's less than 10%. I wouldn't have bought them if I had noticed how small the shoulders were - probably just going to re-donate.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads