• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers Bankruptcy Thread

Pax Britannica

Reaction score
So why is their supply chain such a problem as you state? You don't like BB because they have a "quality" issue and you don't even know why or what it is? Buy then you make this claim as if it's fact? WOW.....
I never mention the term supply chain. All the rest is your delusion. Let me put it the simple way for you. Brook Brothers is third world third rate brand. Crap shirts. Crap suits. Only the poorest graduated students buy them. Enjoy the bankruptcy Brook Brothers lover. I am glad to see it die.
Happy now? I tried to be polite but clearly you don't deserve it.

lartiste

Reaction score
How did you become privy to their whole supply chain process? I would think that’s classified information, no? Please tell us more.

Provided that you want to bother someone you should know the subject matter. I do not expect that anything concerning BB supply chain process is question of national security. Or is it?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe anyone would get this worked up over the demise of a brand. Perhaps Brooks Brothers stole his milk money during childhood.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was he known to be not so friendly? Why is this unusual?
Not unusual. It just struck me at the time," What a nice guy"
Over the years when he and /or his firm was mentioned,
I think of his friendliness first. BTW, I have never been a
customer.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe anyone would get this worked up over the demise of a brand. Perhaps Brooks Brothers stole his milk money during childhood.

For many, certainly of the older generation, BB was more of an institution
than merely a brand. Nevertheless, BB had it coming given the past 30 years

sargeinaz

Reaction score
For many, certainly of the older generation, BB was more of an institution
than merely a brand. Nevertheless, BB had it coming given the past 30 years

I agree. It hasn’t been a quick demise. I do however think Drakes success As a full blown clothing company is interesting because Drakes is almost an updated, English brooks brothers And I think they’re successful? More niche, better marketed. I wish Brooks could go that route, but lean more American aesthetically I.e. swelled edges, no front dart etc, but slightly updated like some shape in the waist, soft unpadded shoulder. Would be cool to see, unsure if it’ll be successful. It would have to be slightly cheaper than current drakes prices. Theyre too high now in my opinion.

Last edited:

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
I love Brooks Brothers. I have at least 4 Milano suits and 3 Fitzgerald suits. Probably 25 Milano shirts. Dozens of dress trousers and corduroys. A pair of their AE shoes, a beautiful buffalo leather briefcase, a wallet, and at least 60 ties. Quite a few sweaters and cardigans.

I loved that their many of their suits were made in the USA. I always meant to buy one of their North Carolina custom made shirts.

Some will disagree, but their products lasted forever. I found their quality to be really impressive.

I found their style classic Americana. I hate cheap, made in China, disposable rubbish like Charles Tyrwhitt and the Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger and such.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Brooks Brothers. I have at least 4 Milano suits and 3 Fitzgerald suits. Probably 25 Milano shirts. Dozens of dress trousers and corduroys. A pair of their AE shoes, a beautiful buffalo leather briefcase, a wallet, and at least 60 ties. Quite a few sweaters and cardigans.

I loved that their many of their suits were made in the USA. I always meant to buy one of their North Carolina custom made shirts.

Some will disagree, but their products lasted forever. I found their quality to be really impressive.

I found their style classic Americana. I hate cheap, made in China, disposable rubbish like Charles Tyrwhitt and the Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger and such.
I would have said the same thing years ago but I appreciate the nuances now. I used to buy from Brooks rather liberally but watched their quality deteriorate over time. I agree that their good stuff does last.

Lots of good stuff comes from China actually. There are innumerable discussions about it here on SF.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
how is RL quality worse than BB, unless you're talking about Macy RL?

With regard to Drakes, guess that's the beauty of stay small, though that also means other than tie, nothing is made in house (i.e. I doubt BB would be able to operate the Soutwick factory if it was Drake size). Also I start to see sales in Drakes a lot more than I used to, so I'm not so sure it's that amazing either. To me Drakes kind look like PRL couple years ago...

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
I've worn brooks brothers shirts for over 35 years. I wear a 16 1/2x36 and they fit perfectly and wear very well. The Oxford cloth button downs wear like iron and are still quite serviceable after 20 years. I have been quite pleased with Brooks Brothers shirts. Very well worth the $89 a shirt,then they go on sale for 3 for $199. So they've trained thr customer to wait for a sale to buy. I hope the new owners do not further debase the brand into a mens wwarhouse clone and instead will look at archives and the wonderful history and aspire towards that. There are still so many fine mens stores in this country like Ben Silver,Stanley Kershaw and Cable Car Clothiers. The narrative seems to be that everyone is going to the office in shorts and flip flops and that is just not the case. There are still many men that would appreciate a resurrection of Brooks Brothers

I will tell you my friend, I just moved from Chicago to Vancouver. Shorts and flip flops are the norm here, and women wear tank tops and Lulu Lemon yoga pants. I walk down the street in a suit and I'm usually one of few.

I fear the classic gentlemen's professional attire is a thing of the past. And the suit markets will be dominated by the Indochinos and Suit Supplies' of the world.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how is RL quality worse than BB, unless you're talking about Macy RL?

With regard to Drakes, guess that's the beauty of stay small, though that also means other than tie, nothing is made in house (i.e. I doubt BB would be able to operate the Soutwick factory if it was Drake size). Also I start to see sales in Drakes a lot more than I used to, so I'm not so sure it's that amazing either. To me Drakes kind look like PRL couple years ago...
I still can't seem to find any tailoring at Drake's that holds my interest but I grabbed several of their Japanese linen shirts which are simply amazing. Navy espadrilles nice as well, been wearing them all summer (okay an indoors Covid summer, but still...).

Maybe Brooks should go small and excellent rather than big and awful?

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, if you can take Milano suit, then things being too slim is probably not that big of a deal, so I will say still plenty choice out there (sold all my BB, i.e. just a single Milano a while back, but I remember it being decently slim)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads