• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Briefcase Appreciation thread

JP Marcellino

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
there is a legal market of elephant hides in the US that are by-products (when they die naturally or whatever) so they don't necessarily have to come from before the ban, but, there are still poachers out there for this animal and its ivory and I'm afraid this doesn't help. Plus, it is almost imposable to track the source of animal skin.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks nice I am in the market for a briefcase myself -- any details to share? :D

Got this about 6 months ago, really enjoying it. Using it for trial stuff in addition to my big roller bags.

[/IMG]

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks nice I am in the market for a briefcase myself -- any details to share?
biggrin.gif

I bought it from Witt's Custom Saddlery. They have a website and eBay store of pre-made bags. They also will make custom specification bags as well. I paid about $450 for it new. It's far nicer material than anything else I have ever seen at that price. It's thick and durable leather, and I love the color. The fittings are brass.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello fellows, I've been lurking through this thread for quite some time and also browsed through all the pages, and found a lot of interesting stuff.

I'm on the market for a quality briefcase and collecting the info from the previous pages I've narrowed down the choice to 3 manufactures.

SAB is my favorite ofc, however, I do not feel like burning 2K$ for a briefcase.

So, I wanted to consult with SF- what do you think about the "Pickett" brand? Are they worth the price?

I really do like this style, and the price is in my range at around 1K$ ..

I prefer the British style most, so I'm wondering, am I missing something?

Htleather seems to have a great deal at a really low price, but could be too cheap for my budget actually and SAB too expensive .. So, is there any middle beside the Pickett?

Marcellino also seems to have a nice style, however, who knows how much I could get dinged ordering a briefcase from US to Germany .. So, I feel it's better ordering within the EU.

Last edited:

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, I wanted to consult with SF- what do you think about the "Pickett" brand? Are they worth the price?

Pickett do some good stuff, but they are a retailer not a manufacturer - they outsource manufacturing and the quality of the product thus varies depending on who made it.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Simon, haven't realized that .. Are those manufacturers known or they won't disclose that info? Would it be cheaper to purchase straight from them instead from Pickett?

Last edited:

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nikola, if you're looking for 1 quality case, I say bite the bullet and get the SAB, you know that's what you really want!! Lol. In the alternative, SAB has a more reasonably priced line, Papworth, with similar cases, but more machine made. Also, checkout Foster & Sons, they have some nice cases. Or contact casemaker and have him make you a case to your specifications. His prices may surprise you, in a good way.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nikola, if you're looking for 1 quality case, I say bite the bullet and get the SAB, you know that's what you really want!! Lol. In the alternative, SAB has a more reasonably priced line, Papworth, with similar cases, but more machine made. Also, checkout Foster & Sons, they have some nice cases. Or contact casemaker and have him make you a case to your specifications. His prices may surprise you, in a good way.

LoL. You read my mind. Guess I will be going for a SAB! Need 2 cases actually, one black and one dark brown. F&S is in the SAB price range as I can tell from their online info. Though not so appealing to me as a SAB. Thanks for the input, I saw your recent case purchases. Amazing!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads