• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Briefcase Appreciation thread

flyingspur

Reaction score
Hi I have been lurking here for a while and must say that this is a very informative forum. Here are couple of pictures of a briefcase I got made in a vegetable tanned cow hide with solid brass hardware for the equivalent of US $ 240. Would like to hear from the experts here :) Thanks.

coloRLOw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it possible that id the maker of a briefcase?

i bought a no-name briefcase from a Japanese seller , who have no idea about the maker, but just said it's sold at the Japan high end store Strasburgo.

though i have no experience of high end briefcase before,i believe mine is well made (CIIW
smile.gif
) , so very curious to find out the maker.

detail:
"made in Italy" is engraved, not printed
the main gusset is lined with goatskin i think, the others are with synthetic fibre .

Last edited:

chickenlittle

Reaction score
Frank Clegg English Briefcase in chestnut.

Dusted off my Lumix for some better shots. I was a little hesitant on spending this kind of money for a product I cannot see in person but so far I am very very impressed. Consider me a satisfied customer who hopes to buy another Frank Clegg product in the future.

Last edited:

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I actually stopped by Clegg's plant in Fall River a few weeks ago. Hard as all hell to find, but they were very nice and had a representative sample on their shelves to look at. What I saw did indeed appear to be very good, and fairly priced. To this non-expert in leather-craft, anyway.

ap10046

Reaction score
I have a 15 year old Ghurka No. 17 and just don't like the color...it's the light chestnut one.
I would love to darken a few shades but except for conditioning it once in a few months, haven't had the guts to take dark shoe cream near it..
Has anyone successfully darkened a lighter bag? Even a few shades darker..
What about the contrast stitching?
Would Obenauf's LO significantly alter the color (not a bad thing, mind..!)?

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ Very nice, but WAY over my budget!

Tell me about it, I love their bags, this one takes the cake for me:

Anyone have suggestions to someone that can make a similar bag for cheaper?

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Is it possible that id the maker of a briefcase? i bought a no-name briefcase from a Japanese seller , who have no idea about the maker, but just said it's sold at the Japan high end store Strasburgo. though i have no experience of high end briefcase before,i believe mine is well made (CIIW:) ) , so very curious to find out the maker. detail: "made in Italy" is engraved, not printed the main gusset is lined with goatskin i think, the others are with synthetic fibre .
Who sold it to you? Do they have any more? Is it new? Thanks!

coloRLOw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hi,EB
i found it on Japanese yahoo auction,so i'm afraid no more.
it's sold as used,but in fact it's really new.
the fly in the ointment is still no idea who made it
tongue.gif

LRichards

Reaction score
I use a Tumi alpha case for everyday but I have been looking at this for a while and have finally pushed the button

My Christmas present
1f603.png

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads