• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brands You'd Like Better if....

StevenRocks

Reaction score
I'd like it if more brands would consider sizing for taller people with longer torsos or narrower than average feet. A few extra inches in shirt or pant length or an extra width or two for shoes would go a long way.

I'm also a little dismayed about logos and embroidery. I don't hate logos, but I think sometimes they should be less obvious or at least better located on the outfit.

Then there's the width (circumference?) of clothing. Traditional sportswear is huge around the middle, but modern sportswear doesn't take anyone with a 34 waist or above into account. If you're not model thin or Barcolounger fat, there's nothing out there that fits right.

End of rant.

Karo

Reaction score
I definitely agree with diesel, I have a couple of piece from them. Just got a nice black m65 style jacket with leather detailing, very decent cut, very clean style. I can't stand flashy rhinestone or embroidery on their shirts though. Same goes for gstar and energie, I would consider buying them if they didn't go for the euro douchebag style.

J.Lin is alright imo, I bought a couple of shirt from them last season. Nice slim fit, but the fabric feels a little light and too long, I like to show my matching J.lin belt.

blake

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
gstar can be bought differently than it is in a lot of stores. The collection has a number of pieces that have more subtle logos, but a lot of accounts choose to not buy it that way (especially nordstroms and the gstar stores) I actually buy the collection by first weeding out all the heavy logos and then making my purchase from the remaining collection. we still end up purchasing hundred of items every season.

Presto87

Reaction score
Funny that ... I own a pair of G-Star jeans and I purchased them mainly because the "branding" wasn't in my face - just a subtle arc stitching on back pocket ... hmmm, maybe a one off? Or are you guys talking more of their shirt/tees?

And I'd have to say Lacoste Polos. I'm a huge fan of polos ... and I love the selection of colours available in their line - but I'm not a fan of their logo - an alligator/crocodile ... I mean - seriously? And the fact that it's stitched on like a "badge" doesn't help!
plain.gif

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
for me the one brand that sprang to mind was Fred Perry. They release some stuff in smaller sizes but not enough in my opinion. Sadly Small's are too big for me, otherwise i'd probably own a lot of their stuff.

mattjames

Reaction score
I'd like Bottega Veneta shirts better if their buttons didn't seem to come loose more often than with other high-end brands.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I've had button issues with BoO shirts too...not a biggie but a minor annoyance to have to resew buttons on $250 shirts

The one brand that does the best job of button sewing is Diesel...those things arent going anywhere.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liefde-Chance
Where are the customer's rights to buy exactly what they want?

Do they have that right? I've always hypothesized about doing my own brand and designing for XS-L only. It's not that I have a prejudice against bigger people, but I don't think anyone over size L -- or even size L really -- would be interested in the style of clothes I like.

We don't have the right to buy whatever we want from where ever we want. We do have the right to bring our money elsewhere.

jkennett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guy Burgess
for me the one brand that sprang to mind was Fred Perry. They release some stuff in smaller sizes but not enough in my opinion. Sadly Small's are too big for me, otherwise i'd probably own a lot of their stuff.
How small are you? IIRC, the made in england stuff is cut smaller than their other stuff.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bikkembergs for the same reason as G-Star and Diesel. Awesome stuff, but the casual clothes are too emblazoned with logos to be wearable.

The athletic-styled stuff is pretty nice, though.

Cowwoofwoof

Reaction score
I'd have to say APC. Every season I find things I like at good prices too but their xs fits bigger than I'd like it to. I wish they'd slim everything down or make an xxs.

grilledcheese

Reaction score
One of my biggest pet-peeves:

Why the hell can't Steven Alan fix that damn pucker at the top of the chest that occurs on every one of their shirts (whether it fits tight or loose)? You would think for 180 balls a pop they would have figured out a fix for this problem. It drives me absolutely nuts.

I would like them better if they fixed this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads