• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What does PVW 15 run these days? Was that bottle new release or NOS?

Had some friends over for a tasting of another spirit the other day, but we got to talking crazy bourbon and so had a tasting of these:

Skipped the Weller and Stagg because sometimes enough is enough.

~ H

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What does PVW 15 run these days? Was that bottle new release or NOS? Had some friends over for a tasting of another spirit the other day, but we got to talking crazy bourbon and so had a tasting of these: Skipped the Weller and Stagg because sometimes enough is enough. ~ H
The bottle was a 2013 release. It was priced way higher than retail, but way below what the secondary market commands. I wound up turning that bottle into 3 GTS from this year. Pretty happy with my return on it. I don't think Pappy is worth holding onto tbh, it can get you so much more in return. Thats Hirsch is very nice...what year PVW is that? I heard that the 2013 15 isn't the best of their 15 years.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NYI, its '10 20-year. So pissed I didn't pick up all 5 for $85 a piece when I bought that one.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

NYI, its '10 20-year. So pissed I didn't pick up all 5 for $85 a piece when I bought that one.

If I had a nickel for everytime someone in the bourbon world said that....I knw a guy who has a basement full of Hirsch Red Wax bottles from when they were like $60 a pop. I think its his retirement savings now.

How is it compared to last year's? That was an amazing bourbon.

Its a different beast. Last years was very up in your face and the flavors were out there for you. This years the flavors are more nuanced. The change from start to mid palate and the palate to finish is pretty subtle, but there are far more flavors than last years.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Heard back from the Buffalo Trace allotment person, and they missed my name on the list. Turns out that I got a bottle of Thomas Handy. Woo.:cool:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watching this team I'll need a few more of these:

And , boys...if you can get your hands on any of these, go for it. DELICIOUS. Buy it, retail, secondary....trade for it, its worth it. Secondary its fetching around $200, if you think about the time and effort it takes to go find these, it may be worth it for you.

tdangio

Reaction score
No idea what the price was, everything was gone by the time I got there.

I didn't get an email either, I just saw that it was up here. They were nice enough to send an email about some wine specials about two hours later though.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prices were $59 + tax + $7-8 to ship within PA. Friend got a Stagg for $71.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads