• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'd call that highly effective.
I thought a lottery meant they give you a 24h timeframe (or so) to participate, and then the winners get drawn. How is "first come first serve" a lottery?

It's a misnomered lottery I suppose.

tdangio

Reaction score

I was back home last weekend (in Ohio) from grad school, so went on a journey to my 4 go-to liquor stores. Not a damn thing on the shelves... I got word that they might not even make it to shelves in Ohio until November, but I don't know how much credence to put into that.

On my trip home though, I did hear that next week or the week after is when Kentucky gets theirs. Ended up getting a (regular) bottle of Sazerac for $25, a TPS barrel strength bottle of Old Scout, and the 50% OBSO Four Roses single barrel, so all was not lost. My girlfriend is not pleased with the ever accumulating bottles of bourbon though.

Kentucky just got theirs today.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was back home last weekend (in Ohio) from grad school, so went on a journey to my 4 go-to liquor stores. Not a damn thing on the shelves... I got word that they might not even make it to shelves in Ohio until November, but I don't know how much credence to put into that.

On my trip home though, I did hear that next week or the week after is when Kentucky gets theirs. Ended up getting a (regular) bottle of Sazerac for $25, a TPS barrel strength bottle of Old Scout, and the 50% OBSO Four Roses single barrel, so all was not lost. My girlfriend is not pleased with the ever accumulating bottles of bourbon though.

Not a keeper.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the regular single barrel OBSV is not my favorite. it tastes a little flat and weak.

Last edited:

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I honestly think the standard OBSV, especially when its bottled at cask strength, is my favorite of the 4RSB mashbills.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i thought the standard single barrels (not private selection) are never cask strength? my impression was it's always diluted to 50%

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well ****, I just bought an OBSK private selection and it's delicious. I might have to rethink this preferring the OBSV thing.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My faves are OESV and OBSO. The K's are real spicy.

Grabbed a few things today (off of shelves)...Makers Cask Strength, OFBB '14 and a PVW 15. Planned on hitting New England today, but got stuck in traffic in BK. Glad I did.

IMG_2161_zps0df5d9b1.jpg

IMG_2166_zps36ffa733.jpg

IMG_2167_zpse00216e4.jpg

We're dorks, and I'm cool with that.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
aw, you two are a dorkable!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think we're planning on hitting up Julio's soon....driving up for Friday night, staying over and grabbing stuff Saturday. May want to plan it when they have a friday tasting event. I'll def reach out when we know when we'll be up there. How's the Camo Tie? :)

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think we're planning on hitting up Julio's soon....driving up for Friday night, staying over and grabbing stuff Saturday. May want to plan it when they have a friday tasting event. I'll def reach out when we know when we'll be up there. How's the Camo Tie? :)

Let me know. Love to get together!

LOVE the tie!! Keep meaning to post in your thread but these Damn kids keep distracting me ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads