• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Apprentice? Mighty Fine? Storyteller? Which bewkers?

Storyteller

This, pic from earlier this year

IMG_4578.jpeg

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have you tried the latest Little Book yet?

I have not! I haven't seen Little Book in years! Weird what makes its way out to Texas, and also, what sits forever. There are literally cases upon cases of various releases of Kentucky Owl (I am not a fan), Very Olde St. Nick rye, and some other, sort of tough to find bottles in other parts of the country that seem to be there month after month. Other stuff almost impossible to find. Little Book is in that category. I know they used to be blends, what's the story with the latest?

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stoli buying out Kentucky Owl and Dixon Dedman leaving the brand have destroyed that label. The numbered and batched KO bourbons through 9 and the first couple of ryes were excellent even at their pricepoints.

Since then, it's been an exercise in adding just enough aged stock to camouflage super young distillate, in packaging that's supposed to justify triple digit pricing.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have not! I haven't seen Little Book in years! Weird what makes its way out to Texas, and also, what sits forever. There are literally cases upon cases of various releases of Kentucky Owl (I am not a fan), Very Olde St. Nick rye, and some other, sort of tough to find bottles in other parts of the country that seem to be there month after month. Other stuff almost impossible to find. Little Book is in that category. I know they used to be blends, what's the story with the latest?
Still blends, but the latest one, ‘In Retrospect’, is a blend of the first 6 releases (a blend of blends?)

Reviews have been pretty positive, but the price is getting up there as well - I think MSRP is $150?

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Well, all I can go on is what I’ve read, but I am a voracious reader when I get obsessed with a topic, and everything I’ve read would say yes, for much the same reason four years in a barrel in Texas is likely similar to 15 years in a barrel in Scotland, due to differences in climate and how it affects expansion and contraction of the barrels. A rickhouse is like any other structure. Some parts get more direct sunshine, some floors (higher) stay hotter year round etc., which all will affect the aging process in some minute way.
In regards to a Rickhouse, my best friend who is the founder of Barrel Bourbon in KY says.
"Every rickhouse has a micro climate. There is a huge difference between one in Texas vs. KY vs. New York. And, within that there are differences from floor to floor, a building right next to another. KY is ideal because it’s cold and damp in winter and hot and damp in summer. That makes the whiskey expand and contract into the wood. It takes out impurities, adds color and ages faster than Scotland."
Their newest release "Foundation" is very drinkable and easy to drink neat.
"Barrell Foundation Bourbon is a blend of bourbons from Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, and Maryland, all ranging in age from five to nine years. Twenty-three percent rye in the mash bill gives Foundation richness and complexity, while the approachable proof point brings out lush sweetness and dark fruit. Your Old Fashions will never be the same."

KarlHungus

Reaction score
I'm here for the sex innuendo and the Stagg Jr. Double like.
Sex innuendo.....? I'm just here to fix the cable.

Anyway, what I love about this dram is the full body voluptuousness, notes of heavy wood and ripe cherries. Upon the palate there is a certain girthiness to the spirit that fills the mouth. And if you can get it at MSRP like I did -- no better bang for your buck out there

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sex innuendo.....? I'm just here to fix the cable.

Anyway, what I love about this dram is the full body voluptuousness, notes of heavy wood and ripe cherries. Upon the palate there is a certain girthiness to the spirit that fills the mouth. And if you can get it at MSRP like I did -- no better bang for your buck out there

Um, OK, this review had me at "girthiness" :lol:

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stoli buying out Kentucky Owl and Dixon Dedman leaving the brand have destroyed that label. The numbered and batched KO bourbons through 9 and the first couple of ryes were excellent even at their pricepoints.

Since then, it's been an exercise in adding just enough aged stock to camouflage super young distillate, in packaging that's supposed to justify triple digit pricing.

But the manager at total wine said it's the best there is.... :p

ricoishere

Reaction score
Don't feel like bourbon tonight, so going with Frapin, then a stogie after dinner.

Attachments

• 20240313_180840.jpg
    20240313_180840.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 27

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads