• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think he's using "shot" loosely as the volume of measuring the pour, not like "down the hatch" doing a shot of tequila. Well let's hope so.

This. I don't mean a shot glass and you shoot it. I meant the amount you get that's poured into a glass. How much does a bottle of the 23 y/o normally go far. If the 23 costs like $350+ a bottle I can see the $75 a shot price range.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How much would a 2013 12 year rip van winkle 12 year go for?

Last year it was $250, now the 10 year is pushing $250. I think its going for $300 plus now. Saw one in Brooklyn today at $499. I don't care for the ORVW12. The others are very nice though. But only worth retail for the juice....people who pay secondary on these mostly do it so thy can have "Pappy". As far as luck, a lot of it is hard work (like anything in life really). Establishing relationships with liquor guys in teh area, spending lots of private barrels. Spending time on the road searching high and low, rushing around after work with hungry kids in the back...

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
daddy when are we going to eat??!!!! quiet son, the Van Winkles are waiting!!!! :satisfied:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Found some VW on Staten island by my parents house. Prices were reasonable...23-$2500, 20-$1500, 12-$1200, 10-$699. LMAO. I feel like even the store owner didn't want to sell them, but use them as a piece to attract discussion.

But I did find a few things in Park Slope:

So I'm done hunting for now! Really glad the rye was around, even though it was really expensive....these are getting rarer and rarer now that the tank its being kept in is getting low....maybe a year or two left of it, and even that will be limited drastically.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads