• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon.

BourbonFan

Reaction score

What did you think of that James E Pepper 15 year?

I had a bottle that was horrible. Thin. Too much burn. Worst bourbon that I've tried. Reviews seem to be really mixed. Some love it. Others call it rotgut and pickle juice.

My first Pepper 15 year was great. I went back and bought two more and am holding them for special occasions.

I thought it was reasonably close in profile to George T Stagg.

That's my wish tree...

#1 Pappy 15/18 year
#2 George T Stagg
#3 Pepper 15 Year

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMO pepper 15 and GTS is pretty different. First is like 90 proof and on the more thinner side. GTS is a beast of a barrel proof. Some years I think go up to 140, 150 proof.

Last edited:

BourbonFan

Reaction score
I've only been drinking Bourbon about a year.

Have had only two tastes of G T Stagg. And the Pepper was months apart. I remember the both having legs... Thick clinging to the glass.

Both very flavorful. I'm still looking for a bottle of GT Stagg. I'll do a comparison when I find it.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But... I may I also suggest everyone rush out and buy a bottle of Elijah Craig's 12 year barrel strength.

That stuff is just bottled sin. Delicious!

Best bottle for the money IMO. I have a few of the single barrels from the HH Gift Shop as well as every release of this. It's delicious.

There's a Delicious bourbon out if New York called Baby Bourbon. Very sweet with toasty notes...

100% Corn mash. Too expensive in my book .... But a very nice flavor.

If these guys bottled this at 750ml for the price, it'd be worth it. Right now I stocked up on it as one of my locals did a barrel program with them, and blew them out at $29.99 each. For a unique single barrel, $60 for the stuff is ok, if a little on the high end.

That's my wish tree...

#1 Pappy 15/18 year

Only Pappy are 15,20 and 23. Old Rip has a 10 year and a 12 year. You won't find any Stagg out there until the Fall, and then, only if you look REAL hard. It's delicious...better than ECBP, but much, much harder to find....especially now that retailers are bumping their prices. i do not look fwd to what some will charge this fall.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Capped off a great weekend last night.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ it really did.

Was there a price increase on ECBP? The couple I bought were around $65ish after tax and ran into a few more at $70 today. Stores could be jacking on their own. Wouldn't surprise me. I thought I paid closer to $55 all in last time.

Last edited:

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This could be fun. Except I don't have THAT much.

I could give samples of the barrels of 4R I have. I really love the OBSO.

After work drink

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah thinking about it I don't have that much bourbon either. I think I have have like 6 open bottles

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads