• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon.

Stillmaticbeat

Reaction score
picked up mt first bottle of bourbon today (I'm mostly a scotch drinker), willett pot still reserve for 36$ in total. I used to overlook bourbons for scotch but the patriot in me will no longer allow it. Plus this is a much cheaper habit.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
not really. craft bourbon kinda sucks to be honest at least for now. so much deceptive marketing around

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

not really. craft bourbon kinda sucks to be honest at least for now. so much deceptive marketing around

Almost all of them are trying various gimmicks to keep afloat until they can properly age a supply. There's only so much you can do to make a young bourbon interesting.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah for reals thats the part i really don't like. like the smaller barrels or the sonication or the mixing with older bourbon bought from kentucky distilleries or alberta premium. and then on the label its all handcrafted in vermont with some bullshit story about how all the grain is grown there

taste wise they're ok, but price wise it's not worth it.

at least for now. who knows maybe in a decade they'll be awesome

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Almost all of them are trying various gimmicks to keep afloat until they can properly age a supply. There's only so much you can do to make a young bourbon interesting.

That's disappointing. Selection of bourbon in Canada can be poor at best, non-existent at worst (depending on your location) and I'm always happy to grab a bottle of something I can't find at home (like my rust-stripping Romanian vodka).

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That's disappointing. Selection of bourbon in Canada can be poor at best, non-existent at worst (depending on your location) and I'm always happy to grab a bottle of something I can't find at home (like my rust-stripping Romanian vodka).

If your selection at home sucks, you'll be able to find all kinds of good stuff in the US. It just might not be regional craft stuff. The national brands are still your best bets, especially if you can't get all the good ones at home.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
oh you're coming from canada?

there's a bunch of 2013 parkers heritage lying around. get one of those. probably cheaper here

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
So finally cracked open a few much anticipated bottles last night. First, Bookers. Wow wow wee wow were you guys ever right about this. Now this is bourbon! I took it neat with small sips. Got an immediate whole mouth hot caramel swirl. My mouth just lit up with warmth. Smooth to drink and besides a little tongue numbing, no sharp kick after swallowing. It was just a taste before heading out but I'm really happy this one's in the collection and looking forward to drinking it and getting more. Great experience.

Second taste of the night was Eagle Rare 10. Nice looking bottle and 10 years of age given my Scotch intro had me at somewhat high hopes. Well you're looking at a guy who's happy drinking Beam white, so I'm still new at this. The ER10 just tasted the way I'm used to bourbon tasting. Perhaps there was some more depth, maybe smoother, hell i don't know, it was fine, but I really have to have this a few more times and see if there's something I'm missing. I'm sure it's better than cheap ol' bourbons, but after just trying Bookers, this didn't do a whole lot for me. Now ER17's on the hitlist but it'll be a while before I see it methinks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads